Defensive Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I guess because of my age I think less about this than I perhaps should.

I look at insurance the same way as the insurers - risk assessment - in order to determine as I see it, whether shelling out possibly large bucks is actually worth it. Sorta statistical appraisal if you will.

I consider my odds good - and so the chances of needing this are remote to point where I decide not to seek anything. Maybe I should - more likely to if I knew of a specific option and costs etc.

Bottom line would be - in the unlikely event that I did get caught up in an SD shooting then - well - I will still be around and will have to deal with things best I can. In fact in some ways - I find it hard to see any insurer wanting to give me cover other than for punitive costs!!

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Ahh - confession time Dave - had not gotten to following that link. Will do so directly.

Well I am "only" four years your senior and so maybe - yes, I should contemplate that for same reason as you. I am all but retired - at least kid myself I am - and sure do not want to lose my small funds cache.

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
QK - thx - I really must give this some serious consideration - more I think on it.

Now wondering which might be the better option - the one in Dave's original link or the one via your link.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.