Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Close "Female Friend" Just contacted me. She has found it "vertilly impossible" to locate .380 ammo in her area, ( either "standard or PP)

Here is part of her message.
"I live across from Dulles Int. Airport. In Herndon VA. I'm close to Reston,, Fairfax, Chantilly, Centerville, Ashburn, Leesburg, I'll even drive into Arlington or dc or elsewhere for ammo if it's available and i'm allowed to transport it across state lines. I'm also near Frederick MD.
thanks!"

Can ANYONE ASSIST ???

Thank you Puffer

·
Registered
24 Posts
.380 ammo is hard to find all over. I live in WV, and had to have a friend in New Jersey (of all places) purchase some for me. It took almost three months for my Hornady .380 Critical Defense ammo to come off back order from Midway this past month. I hate to say it, but your best bet may be to purchase online and pay the shipping charges.

·
Super Moderator
17,719 Posts
Been having good luck at the gunshows around here mostly Fiocchi and Aquilla for $25 to $29 per 50 round box. We do have a show in Greenville, NC this weekend and will probably pick up a few more, need to keep the P238 and PPK fed.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
It takes a little work.

I managed to pick up 1000rds of brass-cased hollow points (Aguila) on Gunbroker for $310 a few weeks ago. I had insomnia and spent about two hours surfing and comparing prices.

It's out there, you just have to hunt it down and act quickly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
She can buy it online if that works for her.
I don't know of any laws in any state that forbid transporting personal ammo over state lines. I know that there are federal laws about importing it from out of country.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Try Outdoorsman of Santa Fe 505 983-3432. They are the biggest supplier to law enforcement in NM I understand, (from special operations and LEO friends who live up there in northern NM). Especially with regard to ammunition.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
try searching for other names things like

9X17 browning
9mm kurz
9mm short

maybe you will get lucky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts