Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen one of these for sale and wondered if there were worth looking at. I know they are a cheaper gun and this will not be my primary carry " I have a kahr K9 that fills this role nicely" but if the feed back on the ati are not good then I won't waist my time considering the purchase. The ati does seem to be a tightly made gun just looking at it. So does anyone here have one and what has be your experience good or bad?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
11,157 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I have eyeballed an ATI fx 45 a few times at my LGS, but never fired on nor do I know anyone who has one. I would be interested to hear what you think if you get one.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
The titan is a 3" model so you need to be prepared to spend some time making it reliable. A couple guys on here have said they have them, and after a little work, became wonderful guns. I have seen youtube videos comparing the Titan with a Kimber Ultra Carry (which I have) and the video says they are about the same. I find that hard to believe because the accuracy of my 3" Kimber is better than several off brand 1911's I had (even with longer barrels) like American Classic, Citadel, and Rock Island.

If you can get the gun for under $500 (my local shop has them for $469) then I say it is a decent deal and worth the gamble. They are sweet guns for the price IMO.

·
Registered
89 Posts
CAM00063.jpg I have an ATI fatboy lightweight and after about 600 flawless rounds I think it's a great gun and it shoots on par with my brothers kimber ultra

·
Registered
541 Posts
They have problems with the recoil system fairly frequently. Most people have found that using a Colt Defender spring generally helps out immensely. I'm with the above, if you can get one for under 500, do it.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
They have problems with the recoil system fairly frequently. Most people have found that using a Colt Defender spring generally helps out immensely. I'm with the above, if you can get one for under 500, do it.
Yea, I forgot their recoil spring system sucks. I wonder if you could retrofit a Kimber one or the Colt type.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yea, I forgot their recoil spring system sucks. I wonder if you could retrofit a Kimber one or the Colt type.
From what I've read, the Defender system is almost a drop in. They also re did the system at some point and the new design is supposedly much more reliable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts