Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Well, our wedding was formal, so my father-in-law brought a white shotgun.

Seriously, I'd go with the SS. Since it's an outdoor event, there could be moisture and/or perspiration.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Well, if it's an afternoon wedding, I'd go with a stainless Commander.

For an evening wedding, you gotta go with a blued Hi-Power.

Reactions: atctimmy

·
Super Moderator
19,232 Posts
No, no, no.

Blued steel is the traditional choice for weddings, baptisms, pallbearing, coronations, or other occasions of state.

The full-sized Government Model or the Hi-Power would both be appropriate.

Both of those holsters are leather aren't they so either would be appropriate. Kydex or nylon are so dead common at such affairs.

Reactions: multistage

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
What to wear? Wear it concealed.
After that...
1911 in 45 acp > Browning HP
Stainless or blued? One have night sights, one doesn't? Night sights.
GM or Commander? Same stipulation as above.

·
Registered
773 Posts
No, no, no.

Blued steel is the traditional choice for weddings, baptisms, pallbearing, coronations, or other occasions of state.

The full-sized Government Model or the Hi-Power would both be appropriate.

Both of those holsters are leather aren't they so either would be appropriate. Kydex or nylon are so dead common at such affairs.
Now I'm going to need a blued Colt Govt. Your killing me : )

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
wear all of em... problem solved

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Great thread, and I have to add that there's no white and therefore probably not SS before Memorial Day .... but I have to add a story.

We attended the wedding of the son of one of my friends, and I couldn't help but notice that the groom and the groomsmen all appeared to have one tucked at 6 o'clock. In fact, at one point it was apparent that they were all packing.

This was a little concerning, because the family is bona fide tied to a group loosely titled, "the mafia." One of their 'uncles', the first cousin of my friend, was an infamous don of recent news, that was tried and convicted for crimes related to organized crime. So it was not BS .... the family was 'connected.'

We're sitting in the reception, and the groom and the groomsmen started horsing around and the next thing you know it sounds like a dispute of the highest order brewing. A couple of guys were on one side of a few tables, the others were opposed to them a few tables away and my wife and I were at a table somewhat between these two groups. Sure enough, they all reach into the small of their backs, under their tux jackets ..... and whip out a bunch of water pistols. The priest that performed the ceremony was sitting between them with some of the other family members, and both sides proceeded to soak the dignitaries with water pistols.

I changed my underwear and we went home a short time later.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No family ties here, I know several from the Brides side whom carry the Grooms side I know very little about other then the groom knor his father has ever fired a gun before last Saturday. Dont know about the grooms father but the groom wants to know when we can do another range trip :)

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Definitely the HF1 with the SS Commander. If it were a bobtail it would be the perfect set up.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
glocks, glocks, tupperware ain't on NO wedding gift register. Plus I'd rather have a sister in the whore house,
than a brother owning a glock.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts