1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
The NRA board voting is a joke, and I'm not knocking your post at all when I say that. I simply do not understand how so many idiots get voted onto that board and then stay there. It took the guy dying to get that J. Jackson character off the board and he had, while serving on the board, come out and said that regular old citizens had no business owning ARs. Most telling is the guy was continually endorsed by their nominating committee. Certain things should have a zero tolerance policy and statements like that would be at the top of the list.

Your chart is a great find though and I'm definitely going to refer to it when making my (most likely) futile choices for the next election.

·
Premium Member
33,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The NRA board voting is a joke, and I'm not knocking your post at all when I say that. I simply do not understand how so many idiots get voted onto that board and then stay there. It took the guy dying to get that J. Jackson character off the board and he had, while serving on the board, come out and said that regular old citizens had no business owning ARs. Most telling is the guy was continually endorsed by their nominating committee. Certain things should have a zero tolerance policy and statements like that would be at the top of the list.

Your chart is a great find though and I'm definitely going to refer to it when making my (most likely) futile choices for the next election.
Here's one I find aggravating: https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/re-elect-sean-maloney-nra-board-directors

He has shown up to half the board meetings since he was elected. I soured on Buckeye Firearms awhile ago because of their antics at the state level.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Here's one I find aggravating: https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/re-elect-sean-maloney-nra-board-directors

He has shown up to half the board meetings since he was elected. I soured on Buckeye Firearms awhile ago because of their antics at the state level.
Yeah, there's a number of people that don't really deliver anything of value, or haven't for some time.

It's really difficult to spend enough time researching all those people up for election if you can even find any good information about them in the first place. They all say their pro-gun but that obviously means different things to different people. I would sure like to see some more hard line, no compromise type people on the board but I realize that everything they do has to be fully thought out instead of just knee-jerking a response.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
While I agree with the "OP", serving on most boards take a lot of time, if you put your heart and soul into the task. I'm sure the meetings are held in DC, which would involve traveling to and from, taking away from your personal occupation, if still working, let alone airfare, etc. There are two sides to every coin.

·
Banned
5,322 Posts
Doesn't matter if it's the Feds, the State, the NRA, or the PTA - politics happen. Best not to expect too much.

·
Registered
Various
15,563 Posts
When I was working as a consultant on a multi-agency law enforcement project, we had a status meeting every Friday morning with video and telephone conferencing from six or seven locations plus any mobile people. One Friday, I was about two hundred miles away and heading home. I checked into the meeting on my cell phone Bluetooth hands-free device at 8:00 am. I walked into the conference room just as the meeting adjourned about four hours later. There are many options today short of being there.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Looks like Ted Nugent and Tom Selleck never show up.
In Toms' defense, he's still on network TV, and a liberal network at that. I'd imagine if he did anything with the NRA he'd probably be thrown out of Hollywood. Then there's the possibility he may not want anything to do with it regardless, because he realizes the board is a joke. It doesn't really matter what Ted does, imho.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
That's basically how it works there, it got set up that way a long time ago. And that's why I no longer give anything to the NRA until Wayne is out of there. Now, granted at this point they may be too far gone to save, but Wayne going would knock a dent in the road block to allow a positive change if they were willing.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
I am not being judgmental here, but do they allow "Teleconference" Attendance, and if so, how is that recorded?
Yes they can, its recorded in the minutes of the meeting, and the written report. I believe members have access to the reports if you want one i can find out monday and PM you how to get it.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
I believe Wayne LaPierre runs the NRA pretty much unilaterally. The board is just window-dressing. If the board had any power and any sense, they would have gotten rid of him a long time ago.
Sorry you are incorrect. The board has to select the officers of the association every year.Mr. LaPierre has to be voted in every year by the board.

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
Certain pro-gun notables are solicited to run for the board and are subsequently elected for the public relations values - these are two.
Makes sense. I didn't mean to imply it was a problem or anything. I do find it funny that all of Selleck's absences were listed as excused, and about half of The Nuge's he just didn't show up. That seems fitting, really.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Selleck and Nugent are like celebrity spokespersons. Good just to have them (Selleck moreso).

·
Registered
Various
15,563 Posts
I fully support the board voting Mr. LaPierre in every year. If every gun owner joined the NRA and supported it, we would be unstoppable. The NRA may not be perfect for every individual, but it is the only group brought up by liberals as stopping common sense gun control.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts