Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 506 Posts

·
Administrator
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
This is a problem for me , i hate PW changes and will screw things up for sure . I already have a complex pw that no -one would even guess ..........................................:smile:

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Ditto Welder.
My online banking has me switching passwords every month or so and I can never remember which one is my current one. So of course after so many attempts it won't let me log in :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Can't we just TRADE passwords with eachOTHER? Ding, you trade with Ian. Pac, you trade with Sister. Matt, you trade with Stump. Old Vet, uhhh, you best just...keep yours. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I plan to beat the system; Fluffy12345 will be my new password (it's got 1 capital letter, and some numbers). No one will ever be able to hack my account now!

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
The best experience possible would be to stop mucking things up that have been working for years. Just because you can change something doesn't mean you have to.

You are inviting more work for you and your team with lost and forgotten passwords.

I don't mind sending you five e-mails periodically though for the five sites of yours I'm a member of. My memory isn't what it used to be, and you know, you're never supposed to write down passwords less someone find them and hack your gun board and dog board accounts and discover all of your deep dark secrets and credit card information.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
This is not my site for my investments (which BTW I do not have ot change my PW on). This is an online forum which contains no personal data unless someone adds to thier public profile. What are you protecting? An email address? Changing a PW every year for an online forum is not a good idea.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
This is not my site for my investments (which BTW I do not have ot change my PW on). This is an online forum which contains no personal data unless someone adds to thier public profile. What are you protecting? An email address? Changing a PW every year for an online forum is not a good idea.
I agree , anyone that wants my info. can email me and i will be happy to provide it . Phone numbers , address , name .................they can't steal something i would give them . I am not protecting anything here , if the CIA is within ear shot send me a request for info. form and i will fill it out .

1 - 20 of 506 Posts