Defensive Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my NRA Basic Pistol Instructor course next month.

How did you go about finding classes to teach? Of course, I ultimately want to offer my own classes, but how did you get started?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I have never taught with anyone else.

Although when my wife does her class this year, I have been informed that if I go to sit in on the class, I will be teaching.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Some were friends or friend of friends that wanted to learn to shoot. So I started by giving private lessons. Word of mouth from there. Then I hooked up with other instructors at our local gun club and started advertising around in various online classified sites as well as facebook and a webpage I developed. In the past year since i started, I have completed several basic pistol classes, 1 PPIH and 1 PPOH course and a couple of CHL licensing classes. I have another Basic Pistol class coming up as well as a PPOH course in a couple of weeks. It keeps me as busy as I care to be at this point.

A great place to start is with the NRA Refuse to Be A Victim course. That is an easy starter course of 4 hours and can be taught anywhere, anytime, to anyone including civic groups, church groups, etc. You will find that those classes will yield quite a few potential firearm students.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts