Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Authorities illegally search and seize property from a man for defending his home from a violent (breaking down a gate to forcibly enter private property is most certainly violence) mob on its way to intimidate an elected official because the mob didn’t like her free speech.

The right of an individual to defend one’s self and PREVENT violence has never been more important. Such a shame exercising that right results in government trying to remove liberty.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
I don't get why they seized the gun if no charges had been filed. The gun wasn't fired, so there are no ballistics tests to be done. There are pictures of the guy holding it, so they don't need fingerprints to show he was the one holding it. If the guy is going to be charged, the charge would be the same if the gun had been a plastic replica. If he hasn't been charged, he is not prohibited from having the gun. This is just the St. Louis prosecutor acting like she is "doing something" to appease the mob.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I wonder if there are any local ordinances against "Assault Rifles" or Magazine Restrictions? St. Louis is a pretty "woke" jurisdiction.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Missouri has a very robust "Stand your ground" law. These folks have the $$ to hire the very best attorneys.

I see them eventually suing the city for whatever they can.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
I wonder if there are any local ordinances against "Assault Rifles" or Magazine Restrictions? St. Louis is a pretty "woke" jurisdiction.
There are no assault rifle or mag restrictions. Local governments are allowed to regulate open carry and the discharge of firearms (except in self defense); however, CCW permit holders are exempt from ordinances banning open carry. And I cannot find where St. Louis has prohibited open carry. I don't think they have.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Another reason why elections matter.
We need common sense judges when these cases come to trial.
The only way to stop this without violence is to sue the pants off of local municipalities even if you have to take it to the Supreme Court
And hope you have deep pockets or someone with deep pockets to help take it to the SCOTUS. I don't think we have any Bloomberg types that'll step up to the plate, though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Missouri has a very robust "Stand your ground" law. These folks have the $$ to hire the very best attorneys.

I see them eventually suing the city for whatever they can.
They are both lawyers. And yes they can.

This will be a good case of whether the common man can reasonably exercise 2a freedoms or if the legal system and has been corrupted by leftist / unamerican ideals.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You may take note that I started this thread with a link to a news article I found interesting, making no commentary or expressing any opinion of my own. The purpose was to stimulate discussion and further research, and that appears to be working well. Thanks for the well thought out responses.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's all about sending a big message to the non-compliant. I hope the owners are red pilled. If there was ever a need for the 2A, that was it. It also lends an argument to those who have a hidden or buried stash.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
Extreme miscarriage of justice and persecution of law abiding by political DA. They need to sue the city and the DA personally. For billions of dollars. Billions.

·
Registered
763 Posts
The real reason the rifle was taken is that it was used for protection against the MOB. Can't have that happening. Ideology overrides everything. Did they also take the wife's handgun? Somebody here mentioned stash. I guess it is that time.

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
I saw an interview with the State Attn. General, He outlined that the State of Mo had firm SD laws, a good Stand your ground law, and Open carry. And stated that this clearly happened on Private property. He also stated that the protesters entered the property by use of violence. His impression is that this was a Grandstanding effort by a local DA! He mentioned that She was under investigation for other Incidents! [ he stopped short of calling them crimes]

Regardless of what the outcome of this is , I have not heard one word lately about confiscating guns, Banning guns, etc... DR

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Authorities illegally search and seize property from a man for defending his home from a violent (breaking down a gate to forcibly enter private property is most certainly violence) mob on its way to intimidate an elected official because the mob didn’t like her free speech.

The right of an individual to defend one’s self and PREVENT violence has never been more important. Such a shame exercising that right results in government trying to remove liberty.
I am not sure the basis for your use of the word "illegally". There was a search warrant and I have not read that there was a problem with application for the search warrant. Considering that there were no shots fired and the homeowners were on their property, I do not understand the basis for the warrant. However, I do not know the laws in MO and I did not sleep at a HolidayInn Express.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts