Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
The problem with lawsuits is that he is still the victim and at a loss. He has the money, but his gun was still taken, and they could do it to someone else as well. If you have to go to court to fight for something that they don’t have to fight to take, you lose every time.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I saw an interview with the State Attn. General, He outlined that the State of Mo had firm SD laws, a good Stand your ground law, and Open carry. And stated that this clearly happened on Private property. He also stated that the protesters entered the property by use of violence. His impression is that this was a Grandstanding effort by a local DA! He mentioned that She was under investigation for other Incidents! [ he stopped short of calling them crimes]

Regardless of what the outcome of this is , I have not heard one word lately about confiscating guns, Banning guns, etc... DR
The AG might have mentioned the details, but for those that don't know, it is bizzare. The St. Louis prosecutor, Kimberly Gardner, was helped into office by none other than George Soros. She hired a former FBI agent as a private investigator to investigate the former governor, Eric Greitens, a former Navy SEAL LCDR who ran on a very conservative platform. The investigator tried to dig up any kind of dirt he could on the governor. The St. Louis prosecutor got him indicted on some ridiculous charges, all of which were eventually dropped, but an extra-martial affair was uncovered and that caused Greitens to resign, which was all the prosecutor wanted anyway.

The ex-FBI agent investigator is now under indictment for perjury and tampering with evidence. A special prosecutor has been appointed to investigate Gardner for her role in the matter. Add to that, there has been a 100% turnover in attorneys in her office in three years and the prosecutor's office conviction rate is half what it was under her predecessor. She is a piece of workk.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Note to self: Take the Mini-14 when facing the unruly mob. Don't get the good stuff confiscated by a lefty prosecutor who has no criminal case...
That is like the advise, Don't carry your Grandfathers antique gun. because in a SD event you may not get it back! Right or wrong it may sit in an evidence locker for years!
I remember a local case had to be retried after 40 years! They still had in storage, the BG's car, gun, his clothing, his wallet,etc, and the Victims Clothing, purse,shoes, and jewelry. etc....I had just assumed that once the BG was convicted the Victim's stuff would have gone back to her family.
In this case it was good that they still had it all. But once your stuff is entered into the system, Don't count on ever seeing it again! DR

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
This was more an unconstitutional seizure, than illegal.
The State AG said this DA has a habit of making decisions based on politics instead of law.

·
Registered
36,117 Posts
The officers who executed this search and seizure are a disgrace to their oaths and uniforms.
Do you think any of them wouldn't?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Seeing as they were defending their home from criminal trespassers who voiced threats against home and person. The AG is a dip that needs to be recalled. No charges to the criminals they were defending themselves from. But that is St Louis, not greater Missouri. Our officers are allowed to deal with the actual criminals, not arrest their victims. I hope they sue the State for criminal harassment. I'd grant them a multi-million dollar judgment personally against the criminal-supporting AG who did this.

This is an Open Carry state with Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine. They would have been protected by the law, AS WRITTEN, if they opened fire, given these criminals broke through the gate.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The State AG said this DA has a habit of making decisions based on politics instead of law.
Well she is running is a pretty crowded field.

Reactions: Nmuskier

·
Registered
8,100 Posts
One would think that situation would lead to disbarment of the law breaking lawyer.
That would require those involved in the disbarment process to be less corrupt than her.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Seeing as they were defending their home from criminal trespassers who voiced threats against home and person. The AG is a dip that needs to be recalled. No charges to the criminals they were defending themselves from. But that is St Louis, not greater Missouri. Our officers are allowed to deal with the actual criminals, not arrest their victims. I hope they sue the State for criminal harassment. I'd grant them a multi-million dollar judgment personally against the criminal-supporting AG who did this.

This is an Open Carry state with Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine. They would have been protected by the law, AS WRITTEN, if they opened fire, given these criminals broke through the gate.
She is up for re election this Nov. DR

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Oh the drama!
Did the protesters set foot on the property of the couple that stood in their yard with guns in hand?
Sure, the sign said it was private property. But that street belongs to the entire community. The street in front of my house is private property also. But there are 724 other houses in my community. That street belongs to all of us. Any single resident can give the world permission to walk on that street and there is nothing I can do about it.

Has it been determined that no one in the community authorized the protesters to enter the neighborhood? If they were authorized there is no trespass.
From Missouri law
571.030. Unlawful use of weapons — exceptions — penalties. — 1. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons, except as otherwise provided by sections 571.101 to 571.121, if he or she knowingly:
Blah blah blah
  (4) Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or
Were the firearms capable? Crime lab will determine that. If so you can expect a jury to decide if the weapon was displayed in "an angry or threatening manner." If so that is a felony.
If there is a single Facebook post saying " the mayor lives around the corner from me and you all should come protest here on this street." These folks will likely be convicted.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
Oh the drama!
Did the protesters set foot on the property of the couple that stood in their yard with guns in hand?
Sure, the sign said it was private property. But that street belongs to the entire community. The street in front of my house is private property also. But there are 724 other houses in my community. That street belongs to all of us. Any single resident can give the world permission to walk on that street and there is nothing I can do about it.

Has it been determined that no one in the community authorized the protesters to enter the neighborhood? If they were authorized there is no trespass.
From Missouri law

Blah blah blah

Were the firearms capable? Crime lab will determine that. If so you can expect a jury to decide if the weapon was displayed in "an angry or threatening manner." If so that is a felony.
If there is a single Facebook post saying " the mayor lives around the corner from me and you all should come protest here on this street." These folks will likely be convicted.
Listen to the interview of the homeowners. Many of your questions will be answered, and some other facts will come to light.

It's clear from your questions that you have not read up on the facts or listened to the interview.

As for you last sentence, you are completely wrong in alleging that the intent to protest against the mayor will seal a conviction.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Let's see, from the city officials who allowed rioting to occur, who had the police stand down, now they break the law in not allowing a citizen to protect his property from the rioters they allowed to go unchecked, and to put the cherry on top, the man is a lawyer - the city's managers stupidity is malignant and growing fast!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I guess I am supposed to believe two lawyers (who happen to be the accused) and take their word as gospel? Is that the vibe I am getting here LOL.

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
I guess I am supposed to believe two lawyers (who happen to be the accused) and take their word as gospel? Is that the vibe I am getting here LOL.
No. Just a couple that had a mob outside their home illegally trespassing, the mob yelling at them (its on video), and they decided at the time that they needed to present weapons to defend their home and themselves. All this in the context of violent riots in the city. For that, the homeowners have been stripped of their firearms but not charged with a crime by the prosecutor, Kim Gardner, who immediately rushed to judgement. The same Kim Gardner who has a 100% turnover in her office, who has released the 36 rioters arrested during the St. Louis riots, and who hired a PI to investigate a political opponent and the PI was then charged with perjury and tampering with evidence.

But hey, if you're fine with that way things are in St. Louis, that's totally cool.

·
Registered
418 Posts
But hey, if you're fine with that way things are in St. Louis, that's totally cool.
Funny statement since nothing I said indicates that. I was commenting on one thing only: the trustworthiness of two lawyers. Nothing indicates I am OK with the situation in St Louis. But assume what ya want. I can make up outrageous claims as much as the other guy, but I prefer not to make stupid assumptions. But that is just me.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts