Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok........I know........LOL..............I found a Auto Ordnance 1911 Government in Blue.......BUT in 10MM........... The slide is stamped "10MM"............with rubber grips...Commander hammer, It looked so good, I thought it was a Delta...Pics to follow soon........
Anybody know anything about this model? Chris? QK? Bud? Bruce?
Anybody else? Thanks in advance for any info :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Can't help Bob - but with the rap AO has gotten here just recently - it'd make me less than enthusiastic!!

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just thinking that it was a 1911 style weapon.. in 10MM...........with a little fluff and buff...........Just might turn out to be something decent.......the price was right.........at 325.00 minus 10%

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bud White said:
I think your Right Bob it is a 1911 as long as frame and slide fit is good every thing else can be replaced
Everything's VERY TIGHT Bud.........Might just start to look for a 45 slide and BBl...........cheapo shooter.. LOL........good experimental gun.. LOL

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i would try it out in its 10mm form a bit see how it is super easy to replace all the trigger componats and a barrel if need be

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I am a 10mm fan

it'll have a lil' more umph than a .45, I imagine. I own a S&W #1066 in 10mm. I don't think that parts would/could be swappable in the .45 guise, so to speak. Its more of a strange duck....
Class3NH....if you don't want it. I would appreciate a pm or email with a phone number. I'd like to look at it.
Art :smile:

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
When was it made. The Older AO's seem to be built well from what I have seen.

·
Registered
988 Posts
A 10mm on a 1911 frame at $325?

I'd jump on it if I had the extra cash lying around. I'm certain you can find a use for it or even, like you mentioned, swap over to a .45 setup for cheap money.... :banana:

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
rocky said:
When was it made. The Older AO's seem to be built well from what I have seen.
I believe the new AOs under Kahr are better, early ones were jun ... well, not real good to be kind, in my experience with them.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
A.O. 10mm

gddyup said:
A 10mm on a 1911 frame at $325?

I'd jump on it if I had the extra cash lying around. I'm certain you can find a use for it or even, like you mentioned, swap over to a .45 setup for cheap money.... :banana:
:confused: You got to be kidding...it would be more trouble than its worth...All of a sudden you got a gun that with monies spent could have bought at least a Springfield G.I., Rock Island Armory, etc.
And if one was using mostly junk spare parts (from other tear downs of same type pistols ), in order to build said pistol, you still haven't built anything special...
Molesting it would be a damn shame.... :aargh4:

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have no fear Artz............The reson why I'd consider it is due to trade bait, or just a experimental gun, in order to fiddle with..........Besdies.......I have several 1911s Kimber.. colt, SA, and a couple others..

·
Super Moderator
18,098 Posts
I got a AO 1911 at an auction awhile back for 150 bucks.

I've heard all of the negative stuff, but I decided to risk it...afterall it was in pristine condition and it was a 150$ 1911.

Too be honest, I really didnt expect a whole lot out of it and considered it a "trade" gun, but several hundred rounds later it has performed well with not even a hiccup. Its fairly accurate and its a good solid gun. I even considered enhancing it, but since Ive already got several .45's I think I'll just leave it.

Maybe Ive been lucky...I dont know. As for this one...
I cant complain...

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
CLASS3NH said:
Have no fear Artz............The reson why I'd consider it is due to trade bait, or just a experimental gun, in order to fiddle with..........Besdies.......I have several 1911s Kimber.. colt, SA, and a couple others..
Sorry for the excitement, but I have a soft spot for 10mm's. Especially ones that cost $325. :hand5:

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll get a couple pics of it........asap

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Now that's great Bud! :congrats:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts