Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who saw my earlier thread, Auto-Ordnance *finally* replaced my 1927A1 Deluxe.

I'd add the KA90xx serial block to your "do not buy" if *any* of the other guns were as poorly done as mine, and never, ever buy a used one without warranty in any range.

This one hasn't blown up or had parts break in the first 300 rounds, but I won't be even vaguely convinced until this one hits 1k.

Fit and finish is also substantially better, and the serial range this time is KH06xx - and there are internal cuts that were *not* present on the previous model.

·
Super Moderator
18,099 Posts
Auto Ordnance went though a transition period in 1999 when it was bought out by Kahr Arms. For a couple of years their QC and production was somewhat sketchy.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
300 rounds - good start! (optimist talkin!) :18:

Hope this one has what it takes this time around - after all the cash and time you have spent trying to get satisfaction.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hope this one works out a little better for you. I'd love to see some pics and a range report!

One of the old guys who deer hunts on my Dad's farm bought one about 10 years ago, and it was a hoot. Not exceptionally practical, but more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I own two West Hurley Thompson 1927s. The only two I've picked up. Reliable and accurate.

I've picked up two Kahr Thompson 1927s. I'll never own one. Comparing them to the WH guns, overal fit and finish is night and day in comparison. Although, I will admit the Kahr thompsons had pretty wood. Looked like the steel had been cold blued, but the wood was pretty.

The store I frequent got one without a safety not long ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts