Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a belt for wearing with a suit that would be AWIB friendly.

My usual belt has been a G hook belt and that's awesome for every day. But the lack of a buckle is weird with a suit.

Thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
I’ve got a Big Foot belt that has the steel liner. It is made from saddle grade leather and finished with a deep rich colored dye and has a nice nickel buckle.

Reactions: OhMyGlock

·
Registered
384 Posts
I wanted a 1 1/4" belt I could wear with a suit that would carry a serious handgun IWB and that had slots on the inside to hold cash and photocopies of my passport, DL, etc.

Sone at S&S Leatherworks custom made one for me, and I could not be happier with the quality. It is my go to dress belt, even when I'm meeting with clients in places I can't carry.

I'm in jeans today rather than a suit, but I am wearing the belt right now with a Dan Wesson Valkyrie in a Nelson Stealth IWB holster. Extremely comfortable, and the belt provides plenty of support.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
For AIWB I recommend an infinitely adjustable kind, rather than a traditional buckle. Getting the right amount of tension is key for comfort, and my holes with belts are often either too loose or tight with no belt hole hitting the "just right" point.

My favorite belt for AIWB is the Crossbreed Crossover. The buckle is just a little thick for black tie formal wear, though, so I also have a Kore gunbelt.

I'll never buy another Kore, it's a disposable belt IMO. The buckle on mine broke and was replaced, and the plastic stiffener has also broken. Of this kind of belt I'd recommend the RGB; it's more expensive than Kore or other slide belts, but also looks much better quality and more durable. I can wear my Kore for maybe 2-3 more formal events before the leather wears around the broken inner liner and becomes too risky to trust not breaking in public.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went with the CB Executive with the velcro liner. Hopefully this will do the trick! The velcro looks like it will be pretty slick.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts