Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last AWIB was from JM Custom Kydex for my G23 and no complaints, it works out great. I am looking for another source for a AWIB, one with lead times not so extreme, who should I be looking at? Thanks...

·
Registered
9,339 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: matthew03

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may go back to JM Custom Kydex, I'll just have to suck up the lead times. In the mean time, I can order a shell for my Comp-Tac and have it in just a few days to hold me over.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I went to the gun show and picked up a wild bills leather IWB that works great for AIWB. that how I am using it. I was going to go with JM custom and still may but for now the Wild Bills is working fine for my HK p30sk

Reactions: Rhodie2

·
Registered
270 Posts
Not sure what the lead time is for JM but I got my kydex AIWB from HolsterCo Michigan Kydex Holsters Sheaths Mag Pouches Miholsterco ...it's called the Stealth...there's a few different attachment options. From day of order to the day you receive it is usually under 2 weeks. I got mine in Carbon Fiber black just for kicks and I was very pleased with how it looks! They do custom molds for if you have a flashlight or laser attachment, if you have custom sights on it let them know, they may need to change the mold on the top of the slide a bit to leave room for your sights.

I just ordered a Smartcarry for days when I leave the apartment wearing sweatpants...although I can just use my belt without having any belt loops and secure the holster that way but it feels goofy. Smartcarry has a 60 day money back guarantee if you aren't pleased with how it works so I'm happy that I can return this if I don't like it.

·
Registered
9,339 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
So not to topic high jack, but whats lead time mean? Not new to hand guns but new to conceal carry. trying to learn as much as I can before I apply for it at the next gun show lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
So not to topic high jack, but whats lead time mean? Not new to hand guns but new to conceal carry. trying to learn as much as I can before I apply for it at the next gun show lol
It's how long it takes for a company to ship your item. A lot of holster manufacturers can take weeks to even months to fill an order. Not sure why it takes so long.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Obvious answer: Remora! I have the clip and non-clip version for my Star BM (basically a 9mm 1911 Officer), and both have been working pretty well. I think I'll be using the clip more just cause the gun is so heavy, but really the standard Remora works pretty damn well for AIWB. They are also 30% off right now...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. I ended up placing an order for this Archangel© Appendix Carry AIWB Holster - Dale Fricke Holsters in OD Green. I ended up going with their untuck version as I wear some shirts and of course sweatshirts in this manner. There is a lead time that states most orders ship within 14 days so I am looking forward to this. I will post pics when it does arrive.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Stealth gear, trex arms, priority 1, tier 1 concealment are all the ones I'm planning on purchasing from based on design and reviews

1 - 17 of 17 Posts