Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
That's quite a list, but here in FL, OutBack's couldn't pull that crap...signs mean nothing.
I would be fulling supporting the businesses which support your 2A rights...and I would remember those who don't...I'd never come back, even if they felt the 'pinch' and changed their minds.:hand1:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Remember mi2az, the new law does not require a sign at the door if they sell alcohol for consumption on the premises. In fact, door signage appears not to be binding. Instead they have to post the approved sign next to their liquor license. So go saddle up to the bar real quick and scope their liquor license out. Then you will know for sure.

I think that the list on the link you posted is not correct. I went into a Chipotle the other day and saw no posted sign. I have also been into Macayos and not seen any signage. So check each location.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

I’d be contacting my state legislature and ask them why they are trying to get law abiding citizens in trouble over nothing. Ask them to look at Florida’s laws, and that since 1987 we have had no problems.

Or look at pre "shall issue" states.

Back in the early 80’s I lived in southern Alabama, and back then it was a “can issue” instead of shall issue” a gun permit.

While it was difficult to get one, and it was pretty much up to the sheriff, the good news was once you got a CCL, there were no restrictions.

The Sherriff was a friend of mine, and I drop by to visit him at work, on our way to lunch and some days, I’d visit my brother in law who was one of the judges at the courthouse… Long story short, CCL holders could go anywhere a uniformed LEO could go. No questions asked.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, If the signage is at the bar next to the liquor license and I go in and check to see if something is posted or not and I am CCW at the time. Am I breaking the law just by stepping foot into the resturaunt ?

·
Registered
18,659 Posts
So, If the signage is at the bar next to the liquor license and I go in and check to see if something is posted or not and I am CCW at the time. Am I breaking the law just by stepping foot into the resturaunt ?
No, your not, look at the law.:tumbleweed:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I hate that if I CC I cant go eat at a restaurant in NC that serves alcohol. That limits me to McDs and BK guess I can splurge at the local Hardees.
Although a person may have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, permittees are not authorized to carry the permitted weapon anywhere they desire. The weapon may not be carried in the following areas:
1. any area prohibited by N.C.G.S. §§ 14-269.3, 14-269.4, 14-277.2, or 120-
32.1. (school grounds, areas where alcohol is sold and consumed, state
property, legislative buildings, and public gatherings, such as parades); Not sure if this means I can not go into Food Lion CC they sell beer there, or they mean sold to be consumed at the site of purchase.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The new law particularly allows a person to enter the establishment for the purpose of determining whether it is posted in accordance with the law. If you're carrying into the restaurant or bar, head for their liquor license first. If you see the sign, you're then able to leave and have broken no laws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts