Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Arizona where it is t-shirt weather 364 days a year, I find myself in beltless shorts more often than not. I cannot tell you the number of times I had to run out the door to run an errand and had to stop to put on belted pants or shorts. In the process I would belt up, threading or clipping on various DC paraphernalia. I got a good deal on a used Safariland belt right here on DC. Since then I have added a permanent mag carrier, knife, and Little Bear wrap around holster. The holster is perfect for holding Bersa, Taurus Millennium, and my EDC - H&K P30. I leave it hanging by the closet.

Now I just lash it around my waist and do the dash for milk, mail, and coffee. Here are some pics. Just thought I'd share with the DC brethren (and sistern).

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Living in LV I know what you mean about t-shirts and shorts. Does it ride up on you since it doesn't go through belt loops?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Living in LV I know what you mean about t-shirts and shorts. Does it ride up on you since it doesn't go through belt loops?
Yes, at times but not bad. I cinch it pretty tight.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Looks like it might work for short trips, but I would wonder about a quick draw under stress...might the belt and holster come up with the gun? Only you can tell...:22a:
Good idea though...:yup:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it might work for short trips, but I would wonder about a quick draw under stress...might the belt and holster come up with the gun? Only you can tell...:22a:
Good idea though...:yup:
Yeah, short trips, for sure. But I do cinch it tight for that very reason.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I like the idea. If I lived in a hot weather environment, I'd probably just use a small fanny pack for short errand-type trips.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I did something similar, I took a belly band and added about 6 more inches of velcro....I can carry a full size 45. without any problem and I put it on the outside of my pants. Just wear it without a belt. Really holds the gun close and keeps my pants up.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
I like that set up. It looks very doable for short trips. Since my town is so small, many of my trips are pretty short and then back home again.

I have lots of shorts without belt loops. Athletic shorts and the like. Elastic waistband with a drawstring and deep pockets.

I have to have shorts with at least a drawstring so I can cinch them pretty tight. Then I pocket carry XD9sc or Ruger LCP in DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters.

I might give something like that a try since I have a couple of wilderness belts.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like that set up. It looks very doable for short trips. Since my town is so small, many of my trips are pretty short and then back home again.

I have lots of shorts without belt loops. Athletic shorts and the like. Elastic waistband with a drawstring and deep pockets.

I have to have shorts with at least a drawstring so I can cinch them pretty tight. Then I pocket carry XD9sc or Ruger LCP in DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters.

I might give something like that a try since I have a couple of wilderness belts.
I really like Wilderness belts - my favorite. And, yes, I've done the "cinch the snot out of the drawstrings" for my snubbie. Never worked very well. Eventually looked like a gang banger with my pants around my knees. :redface::redface::embarassed:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think you've got a good idea there. I especially like that it's ready to be lashed - heck, in a pinch you could even quickly strap this one on over pants with loops and re-adjust later if needed. Thanks for sharin'!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I really like Wilderness belts - my favorite. And, yes, I've done the "cinch the snot out of the drawstrings" for my snubbie. Never worked very well. Eventually looked like a gang banger with my pants around my knees. :redface::redface::embarassed:
Wear suspenders! :image035:

·
Registered
491 Posts
This is a really good idea for those quick trips out. Pocket carrying with just a drawstring usually isn't very comfortable and even with a good pocket holster those kind of pockets still allow the gun to move and shift position quite a bit.

I came up with my "Stuff 'n Go" solution for beltless carry - Hidden Defense: Stuff & Go - A Semi & A Snub

1 - 14 of 14 Posts