Defensive Carry banner

Aznav's "Lash & Dash" Rig

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ev239 
#1 ·
Living in Arizona where it is t-shirt weather 364 days a year, I find myself in beltless shorts more often than not. I cannot tell you the number of times I had to run out the door to run an errand and had to stop to put on belted pants or shorts. In the process I would belt up, threading or clipping on various DC paraphernalia. I got a good deal on a used Safariland belt right here on DC. Since then I have added a permanent mag carrier, knife, and Little Bear wrap around holster. The holster is perfect for holding Bersa, Taurus Millennium, and my EDC - H&K P30. I leave it hanging by the closet.

Now I just lash it around my waist and do the dash for milk, mail, and coffee. Here are some pics. Just thought I'd share with the DC brethren (and sistern).

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like it might work for short trips, but I would wonder about a quick draw under stress...might the belt and holster come up with the gun? Only you can tell...:22a:
Good idea though...:yup:

#8 ·
I did something similar, I took a belly band and added about 6 more inches of velcro....I can carry a full size 45. without any problem and I put it on the outside of my pants. Just wear it without a belt. Really holds the gun close and keeps my pants up.

#10 ·
I like that set up. It looks very doable for short trips. Since my town is so small, many of my trips are pretty short and then back home again.

I have lots of shorts without belt loops. Athletic shorts and the like. Elastic waistband with a drawstring and deep pockets.

I have to have shorts with at least a drawstring so I can cinch them pretty tight. Then I pocket carry XD9sc or Ruger LCP in DeSantis Nemesis pocket holsters.

I might give something like that a try since I have a couple of wilderness belts.

#11 ·
I really like Wilderness belts - my favorite. And, yes, I've done the "cinch the snot out of the drawstrings" for my snubbie. Never worked very well. Eventually looked like a gang banger with my pants around my knees. :redface::redface::embarassed:

#12 ·
I think you've got a good idea there. I especially like that it's ready to be lashed - heck, in a pinch you could even quickly strap this one on over pants with loops and re-adjust later if needed. Thanks for sharin'!

#14 ·
This is a really good idea for those quick trips out. Pocket carrying with just a drawstring usually isn't very comfortable and even with a good pocket holster those kind of pockets still allow the gun to move and shift position quite a bit.

I came up with my "Stuff 'n Go" solution for beltless carry - Hidden Defense: Stuff & Go - A Semi & A Snub

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.