Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
baby glock or sprinfield compact xd?

What do you guys recommend for me to conceal?
Im at a cross roads between the two, the baby glock is smaller but my pinky is left hanging!
With the Springfield Compact xd- it comes with an extension clip, two mag clips, and a holster, with light attachments, etc?
Still uncertain what to purchase, any tips would help.

·
Administrator
143,592 Posts
Don't worry about your pinky finger. When the SHTF...Your pinky finger can take of itself.:biggrin2:
Go with the Glock.

You already answered your own question.
You're buying it for concealment...who cares about hanging a doggone light on it?

Go for the 100% reliability in the smallest carry package. :yup:

BTW: you're going to want to buy a top quality holster for max concealment & comfort anyway...so don't worry about the free holster either.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree with QKShooter ! Go with the glock . I carry a 26 as a back up under my dutybelt everyday at work and when carrying concealed i also carry it . GO WITH GLOCK !

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Get what fits you best. The grip angle would be a deciding factor for me.
Some folks cannot shoot well with there pinky dangling.
Either way you can get a pinky extension mag plate.
How big of gun can you comfortably conceal?
What gun do you shoot better?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
For this type of gun i went with a XDSC because the little finger groove in the Sub compact glocks don't fit my fingers.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
:) baby glock in a model 29 !

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
i am not much help here since i honestly prefer single stack autos for ccw

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Fortunately I have both,And the glock
fit's better in my hand.
If you can ,go to a range the rent's both,
and try them.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've got an XD-9 SC and I love it, but you can't go wrong with a Glock either. The XD just felt better in my hand. I also like the grip safety, chamber indicator and stricker indicator on the XD.

I agree that you should find a range that will let you shoot both and give them a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My opinion...

First off, if you're most comfortable with a single-stack, look at a G36...

Between the G26/27 and XD-SC, the GLOCK is longer but slightly slimmer, and has a shorter grip (though some find it uncomfortable, due to the angle and shortness, including me). The XD is inherently more accurate, not that that matters greatly for SC CCWs. The XD's grip-safety adds an extra level of protection from an ND, and the ambidextrous mag release gives lefty's some relief. The XD's trigger is far more crisp. I find the XD easier to disassemble and clean, also...

Both the GLOCK and XD have fared very well in torture and reliability tests which I have read about, and though some complaints of poor finish were made of the earliest XDs, the problem has been resolved. I personally was in your position 2 years ago faced with this decision.

I own 2 XDs

I own 0 GLOCKs

I respect them both, one just fits me better than the other, and has a few more benefits/advantages. Try them out and decide for yourself.

molonlabetn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pistol choice

I would go with the springfield. I have one. Its 100% reliable. And it is safer then the glock.Glocks however are good choice. I think the Springfield is a better choice Imho.Try both out before you buy and pick the one that you like the best.Stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
23,586 Posts
Try them both out at a range - that nat decide for you. It's hard to go wrong with either (from what I'm heard about the XD), and based on two Glocks I shoot. My name says a lot about my "opinion". lol

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have an xd-40SC and considered a glock 27. Hold them both, they point differently. The XD have a rusting problem though. IMO you can't go wrong with either. The glock probably has a slightly shorter grip but the XD probably has a slightly shorter slide (if the xd9 vs. G26 is the same as XD40 vs. G27).

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have the Glock 27 and absolutely love it. And the pinky thing makes no difference. I am a big guy 6'2" and have huge hands it shoots great and feels great. Best of all it is so easy and comfortable to conceal.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
go with the glock. look at the g26 or go for the gold and get the g27

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'd go with the Glock but since I own two others they obviously fit me and it would keep the same manual of arms. But try them both and see what works best for you.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Try them both and see which you like the best. I did and ended up with an xdsc. I just liked the feel of the xd better. I have a friend who is a glock man he is up to 3 glocks. But the xd was better for me. Just my .02 cents. Let us know which one you get. Im sure youll like either one. Have a good one.

Sixgun

·
Registered
602 Posts
Glock

fitznig said:
baby glock or sprinfield compact xd?

What do you guys recommend for me to conceal?
Im at a cross roads between the two, the baby glock is smaller but my pinky is left hanging!
With the Springfield Compact xd- it comes with an extension clip, two mag clips, and a holster, with light attachments, etc?
Still uncertain what to purchase, any tips would help.

I carry the G27....... and love it.:hand10:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts