Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
We have our first child on the way!! I was thinking I had heard about a discount lifetime NRA membership for young kids. Has anyone ever done this as a gift? Or any other ideas

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
For a definitive answer I would contact the NRA Membership Division and ask them. They would be able to answer that and any other questions you may have. BTW nice touch looking out for the future.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Hello,
We have our first child on the way!! I was thinking I had heard about a discount lifetime NRA membership for young kids. Has anyone ever done this as a gift? Or any other ideas
It would make a great gift once you feel your child is old enough to begin learning to shoot, maybe 5 - or 7 years old.

A junior lifetime membership is $550.00 but NRA has an Easy Payment plan for lifetime junior memberships, 22 monthly payments of $25. Or 22 quarterly payments of $25. If you were to do the quarterly payment plan, it would be $100 per year and your child could have a lifetime membership by the time he's 5 1/2 years old. Yearly junior memberships are $15.00.

Not a bad deal but if it were me, I'd probably put $25 bucks a month away for him for 5 or 6 years. By then, he could either join NRA or maybe buy a first gun and go with the yearly NRA membership until he was a little older.

https://joinnra.nra.org/join/Junior.aspx

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Here's what I would suggest. .... check first on a STATE rifle association. Most are associated with the NRA and / or even the State Rep's for the NRA. Sometimes you can get combined memberships, or a discount on the State membership by joining the NRA thru them. Also, they will have State and local events that are NRA sanctioned, NRA certified instructors, etc. and ties you into that. And they typically have "youth' programs with firearms. It's not typically limited just to Rifles, at least ours isn't. They also help fight for State/Local pro-gun legislation, etc. as well a good resource for information on a local level.

Also , with many State associations you also automatically are a CMP member.... if you ever want to buy guns thru them. They do an Assoc membership with CMP, where all members are then considered members.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Congrats on your new youngin'! :congrats:

I've told this story before - My wise ol' Grandpappy McNeely bought every ONE of his three Grandsons a Lifetime NRA Membership on the day we...were BORN. (...and some of the Grand Daughters are STILL mad about being left out!). In our family, shooting was as common as breakfast, and MORE FUN!) :biggrin2:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Congrats on your child. Life time membership is a great gift.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you! I have been looking into the possibility of a lifetime hunting licenses at a young age also.
I like the idea of looking at state organizations also.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
thank you! I have been looking into the possibility of a lifetime hunting licenses at a young age also.
I like the idea of looking at state organizations also.
There are so many reasons that that's a good idea if you've got the extra money. I didn't buy one for my son back in the day. Heck, I didn't have an extra $200. But now he's 28, lives out of state, etc. Just to come home for Thanksgiving and sit in the woods for a couple of days costs him $45. Fishing a pond?.....more money. Surf fishing.....more money still. I wish I'd have found that $200 back then. And actually, it can be a little self serving for yourself. When they come home, they can be hunting with you rather than wandering down the road to see a buddy. There's time for all things.

·
Registered
323 Posts
buy him the life membership now. as it will only go up in cost.

if he likes it he already has it.
if he does not like it all he has to do is forget about it.'

but get ready for all the junk mail asking for MORE money.

does idaho have a state group?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts