Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guyzz have Magazine rattle issues when you carry ?? I do, and it's pretty annoying. Almost sounds like i'm carrying a baby rattlesnake on my hip.:blink: Seems that it's more noticible to me when I walk while wearing shoes. Hardly ever rattles when I'm wearing my runners or sandles.

The rattle really get's loud when I'm climbing or decending from steps like in movie theaters. My Mags (Wilson 47OXC's) are fairly new and the rattle occurs with all 3 OXCs I have.

It's obvious the rattle is coming from bullets hitting the inner wall of the magazine, NOT a loose magazine hitting the magazine well.

What do y'all recommend??

·
Registered
363 Posts
There is a problem like that with the xd-45 mags. The first round in the mag (at the bottom) Doesn't seat well and rattles. But only when not inserted into the gun. When pressure is applied to the top round the rattle goes away. You can hold your hand out and smack it against it. This may get the rounds to seat better in the mag. If that doesn't work, consider putting the mag in and slamming it into the gun, this might put a bit more pressure on the bullets in the mag and stop this. DO all you mags do the same thing?

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
No but the grip safety does .

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a couple of Glock mags that rattle if I don't give them a good whack to the rear when I load them. Never seen a 47D do that though.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
rocky said:
No but the grip safety does .
Rocky,
Quick fix for that also. On the sear spring, (the safety leaf or leg if you prefer) bend it rearward a little, putting more pressure on the grip safety itself.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I have some mags for different guns that rattle as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts