Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
1. I absolutely hate that website.
2. I may need a fifth 1911 derivative...

My organization bought a Rock Island Compact 1911 for a commander who was departing, and I have to say I was really impressed with it for the money we paid. If the Baby Rock is as nice, it's worth a look. That said, $460 street seems a bit steep to me. Also, for the size I really don't see why they went with 380 instead of 9mm.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Its hard to get away from my Sig 238 0r 938. Interesting 1911 though. I hope a friend buys one.

Reactions: mck1975

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I really think if I feel I need a larger metal frame 380acp .. Id most likely go back with a Bersa ....
a friend let me a Bersa to try at the range and I was impressed, price vs. performance, I couldn't make it fail, limp wristing it, firing side ways, etc. this one was a 9mm though.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Bersa certainly knows a thing-or-two about value-priced defensive autoloaders. And the Browning-labeled shrunken 1911 .380 has been both well-reviewed & recieved. But Rock Island is no slouch about building 1911 variants. Might be work a look. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
1. I absolutely hate that website.
2. I may need a fifth 1911 derivative...

My organization bought a Rock Island Compact 1911 for a commander who was departing, and I have to say I was really impressed with it for the money we paid. If the Baby Rock is as nice, it's worth a look. That said, $460 street seems a bit steep to me. Also, for the size I really don't see why they went with 380 instead of 9mm.
in a couple of month from now they will come out with the same gun in 9mm, sort of what Glock did introducing the 42 before the 43.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
in a couple of month from now they will come out with the same gun in 9mm, sort of what Glock did introducing the 42 before the 43.
Good point. I already fell for that trick with the Sig P238. That said, I do love the P238 so I'm not too upset about it.

But the opposite happened with the Glock 42/43 - I bought the 43 and didn't like it. It's just big enough to be unpocketable, so I have to carry it in a holster, which means I might as well carry a larger gun. Recently I got a 42, which is just a tiny bit smaller, but the difference is enough that it can be pocketed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts