Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see this thrown around all the time by antis. What do they mean? We already have to ship online purchases to an FFL and have a NICS check before we can take ownership.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...nope...just a GREAT opportunity to use the word "ignorant"...they're so busy telling us what to do and not to do, they don't bother themselves finding out what it is that we're DOING...kinda like the ignoramus who said "use up all the hi-cap mags"...

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I see this thrown around all the time by antis. What do they mean? We already have to ship online purchases to an FFL and have a NICS check before we can take ownership.

Am I missing something?
Only that there are a lot of people in the anti-gun movement who are ignorant of firearms laws that are already on the books.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
...nope...just a GREAT opportunity to use the word "ignorant"...they're so busy telling us what to do and not to do, they don't bother themselves finding out what it is that we're DOING...kinda like the ignoramus who said "use up all the hi-cap mags"...
Notice that I seized the great opportunity to use the word "ignorant" in the post below yours. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts

Am I missing something?
You aren't missing anything; it's propaganda that gets parroted by people who choose to remain ignorant about firearms laws because it fits their personal beliefs on 'the problem'. Everyone who wants to know how internet firearm purchases work, understands that all sales must go through an FFL. However the anti-gun activists want people to believe that there is some vast "loophole" that allows all sorts of dangerous criminals to purchase firearms over the internet and have them sent directly to their batcave, where they can amass a huge stockpile of weapons and unleash vast destruction to all humanity.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Am I missing something?
I've wondered about this as well. Only think I can think of is they're talking about online sales between individuals where the actual exchange is in-person rather than shipping.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts

Am I missing something?
No, you're not missing "much"... This would require a background check on a private transaction that starts with some kind of on-line advertisement.
Say you posted a gun for sale on this forum and it turns out you live just down the road from me 40 miles, so I say..Hey, I've got the cash, I can meet you in the parking lot of Joe's cafe tomorrow and we'll do the deal and have breakfast.

That would now become: "I'll meet you at Fred's gun store and we can have Fred do the check'

unless they provide some kind of on-line background check capability for private citizens.

Now, if it is a cross state transfer, everything apparently remains the same as is...go through an FFL..

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Yea, I don't get that one either. If you listen to this crap, you would think that you just go online and order a gun and it magically shows up at your door.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Yea, I don't get that one either. If you listen to this crap, you would think that you just go online and order a gun and it magically shows up at your door.
That's exactly what they want people to believe because that supports their position that more laws and more government are needed to ensure everyone's safety.

Reactions: varob

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
"Background checks for online purchases"
I see this thrown around all the time by antis. What do they mean?
This one can be filed right along side some of the statistics they come up with, such as: "40% of all gun sales are done without a background check".

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I say do not give an inch!

If they want to compromise by taking laws which infringe on the 2A off the books then maybe we can talk. Otherwise it's a non-starter!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The anti's are taking the situation where soemone posts a gun for sale on the internet through a message board and then meets face-to-face for the sale and calling it internet sales to make it sound more scary and alarm the uninformed.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I saw their "compromise" background check this morning, and it appears that they are just using what we already have. This does two good things:
1. Doesn't reduce or change our rights or ability to obtain firearms.
2. Makes the "antis" feel good and they will think it was them that required background checks.

(private sales not affected)

I have not read the entire bill so this may not be 100% accurate.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
This is my thinking. If they want to make laws that are already laws, then the can knock themselves out. It keeps them from concentrating on the other stuff. I say let them go for it and feel important.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts