Defensive Carry banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
DO NOT EVER USE HORNET SPRAY ON SOMEONE!!!!!!!! They will successfully sue you for EVERYTHING!

Please take that seriously. Now pepper spray - preferably the kind used on grizzly bears should be ok to use on them. You were out in your yard. These idiots came at you right there on your own property so you defended yourself.

Hornet spray can blind and disfigure. Grizzly spray really hurts for a while. There may be some rare allergic reaction but hey, it sucks to be them.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
So childish for somebody to come into your yard to destroy your decorations. They have attempted to destroy my Trump sign a couple of times so I just keep adding more nails to the wood inside of it. If they grab it by the top again it will really hurt them. I have thought about sitting inside the window so that I can catch them. Always happens late Sat. night-to- Sun morn. I'm kind of like a dog chasing a car- if you catch them what do you do with them? Don't want anybody to get killed over a sign and I don't know how far they would go with their little game. I do have a can of hornet spray by the door just in case I happen to see somebody coming after it. If I do have to run outside though I will have my gun on me for my protection. I think that I have the last remaining Trump sign in town. They got about three other guys last weekend. Hillary thugs.
DO NOT EVER USE HORNET SPRAY ON SOMEONE!!!!!!!! They will successfully sue you for EVERYTHING!

Please take that seriously. Now pepper spray - preferably the kind used on grizzly bears should be ok to use on them. You were out in your yard. These idiots came at you right there on your own property so you defended yourself.

Hornet spray can blind and disfigure. Grizzly spray really hurts for a while. There may be some rare allergic reaction but hey, it sucks to be them.
yep, probably says right on the can, something like: "Any other use constitutes fraud" :icon_neutral:
that's all they need in court to ruin you
think people, THINK!!!!

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Reactions: Novarider

·
Registered
1,869 Posts

Hornet spray can blind and disfigure. Grizzly spray really hurts for a while. There may be some rare allergic reaction but hey, it sucks to be them.[/Q

Hope nobody gets in my way while I'm spraying bugs. Too bad that the thugs are the only ones with rights. You do know that bear spray costs about fifty five dollars a can compared to about four dollars for bug spray? I'll bet there would be a lot of people who would try to sue you for using bear spray on them too can't say I'm spaying bears around here. Just wondered how you know that hornet spray would permanently blind somebody? Do you know somebody who knows somebody that uses bug spray?

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Typical Packers fans!:firedevil: They're just jealous!:king:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
This man shouldn't be carrying a firearm. He lacks the will to use deadly force and is almost guaranteed to freeze/hesitate in an extreme encounter. His attitude is entirely wrong for someone who chooses to carry.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts

Hornet spray can blind and disfigure. Grizzly spray really hurts for a while. There may be some rare allergic reaction but hey, it sucks to be them.[/Q

Hope nobody gets in my way while I'm spraying bugs. Too bad that the thugs are the only ones with rights. You do know that bear spray costs about fifty five dollars a can compared to about four dollars for bug spray? I'll bet there would be a lot of people who would try to sue you for using bear spray on them too can't say I'm spaying bears around here. Just wondered how you know that hornet spray would permanently blind somebody? Do you know somebody who knows somebody that uses bug spray?
Check out this link Oklahoma Personal Defense - The Myth of Wasp Spray

And this one https://peppereyes.wordpress.com/2010/01/03/wasp-spray-vs-pepper-spray/ (here are the pertinent sections)

However, there are potential legal issues with using wasp spray as a protective device. The letter says “wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote.” Wasp spray is a poison design to KILL WASP. The active ingredient in most insect sprays including wasp sprays is synthetic pyrethroid, allethin. (US Patent 4234567) Pyrethrins are used in many varieties of insecticide, fogging products and in some pet products. Pyrethrins are neurotoxins that attack the nervous systems of all insects. The warning labels on all the cars state that “Care should be taken when using this substance around humans and animals.” Don’t take my word for it, check it out yourself. Overdose and toxicity can result in a variety of symptoms, especially in pets, including drooling, lethargy, muscle tremors, vomiting, seizures and death. Toxicity symptoms in humans include asthmatic breathing, sneezing, nasal stuffiness, headache, nausea, in coordination, tremors, convulsions, facial flushing and swelling, and burning, itching sensation, or worse.

Given that the United States is the most litigious society there is, you could find yourself sued if you purposely used Wasp Spray and it did harm. Every can of Wasp Spray has a notice which says something like:” It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.” What happens if when spraying a criminal, you accidentally hit someone else, and they got sick. Stranger things have happened. Many of the sprays actually give a warning that its violation of Federal law to use the product other than for what is was intended for. Again In some US jurisdiction it is actually illegal to use any form of self-defense sprays other than pepper spray or MACE (again check the laws in your jurisdiction). For example look at the Michigan Penal Code, it says the only defense spray that is legal is a type of tear gas known as CS, so pepper spray itself is illegal. Canisters of CS may not contain anything above 35 grams of the spray, and they are not allowed to be made up of more than 2% of the active ingredient Oleoresin Capsicum (OC). This law is in place to ensure that people do not take advantage of their self-defense weapon and use it for any other purpose than their own protection. However, if it a matter of you or them, use what you have to use. Self preservation takes precedence. However, if you planned to use it and the attacker died, it could be see as premeditated murder. Again stranger things have happened.

Another link http://articles.extension.org/pages/70030/6-reasons-why-wasp-spray-is-not-a-substitute-for-pepper-spray

and a final one http://www.grantcunningham.com/2014/09/wasp-spray-for-self-defense-this-myth-just-wont-die/ Here is the summary

By spraying someone with insect killer, you’re poisoning them intentionally. The label on all insecticides cautions that the material is not to be used “in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.” It is illegal to intentionally spray someone with a poison, and planning to do so by buying a can of yellowjacket spray for the purposes of self defense may be construed to show prior intent to do so. Using it may expose you to very great civil liability.

So there you have it: insect sprays simply don’t work as defensive devices, they don’t deliver their payload to any greater range than does a good OC spray, and are illegal to use for anything other than their intended purpose. They are a bad choice for self defense and one has to be phenomenally ignorant to recommend their use for anything other than killing stinging insects.

Interestingly one of the main criticisms is the lack of stopping power. Poisoning and neurotoxicity being the primary health concerns Along with the obvious legal risks.

Hope that answers your question as to the efficacy of using Hornet spray. Good intentions but... Shoot'em with something designed for the job.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sounds like he is doing some SERIOUS rationalizing.
Which he is, and he's also seeming to miss the concept that a drawn gun may have immediately stopped the confrontation.
Hence, no need to fire the weapon, and no need to "live with" the fact that he shot someone.

Introduce a gun to a knife fight and things can change pretty quickly (heck, even bringing a bat into the mix can make the knife-wielding numbnuts think twice).

Meanwhile, that 21 y.o. needs a good buttkicking.
Moron.

·
Registered
170 Posts
a gun should be used when it's necessary
if a shooting can be avoided, it's best to go that route
what would you do, run out the front door with a gun to deal with some maniac slashing your inflatable balloon ?
does it take that much to realize that the maniac has some sort of sharp edged implement already in his hand?
would it not be escalating the situation to throw yourself into that fray?
would that be a good idea? :icon_neutral:
Please read what I wrote. I did not address the details of the incident at all. It could have been in his front yard or a Piggly Wiggly parking lot.

My comments were directed at the idea a guy makes a conscious decision to train and carry a gun. When that situation happens in the real world he doesn't have his gun. While many here may scream how stupid that is. It can happen for a lot of reasons.

My point is that he is happy he didn't have his gun to defend himself. He would rather be cut up like a dead fish or worse than shoot his attacker.

This is not a person who should carry a gun.

Sam

·
Registered
326 Posts
If I get out of a situation alive without killing anybody, I'll be happy too. If that makes me weird, so be it.
Yep , me too . BUT , I'm NOT gonna let some derp cut me to keep from killing him . My life is more valuable to me and my family than his when he is the aggressor .
Been cut and never cultivated a habit for it .

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yep , me too . BUT , I'm NOT gonna let some derp cut me to keep from killing him . My life is more valuable to me and my family than his when he is the aggressor .
Been cut and never cultivated a habit for it .
I'm not letting myself get cut if I can help it, but I'd still be happy to not kill anyone.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I knew after the thugs that tried to destroy my Trump sign failed last weekend that it would be hard to protect it tonight. I figure that they would probably use spray paint or something tonight. Then it hit me all I have to do is to bring it in tonight and then stick it back outside again tomorrow so that everybody in town can see that I still want TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT. Wish I could see the look on their faces when they come by in a few hours and see that it is gone. My sign-- my rules. I will try to keep an eye out so that they don't destroy anything else around here.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts