Defensive Carry banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Keep in mind that while a progressive system of one kind or another is going to be the fastest option, its not necessary to turn out a nice volume of ammunition in a reasonable amount of time.

I have four presses mounted on my bench right now, a RCBS Rockchucker, a Lee Classic Cast, a Lee Classic Turret, and a Dillon Square Deal B. While the Square Deal is the fastest press I have, the Lee Classic Turret gets the most use by far. Its much faster than a single stage (given the auto indexing of the turret), and much easier to cartridge swap or primer size change than any progressive. It takes less then 30 seconds, for instance, to change from loading .38 Special to .45 ACP.

I think the Classic Turret is a fantastic press to start out with. Its reasonably priced and very tough. Plus, its available in a kit from Kempf's that includes much of what you need to get going for less than $200. If you order the kit, get both upgrades, they are both worth it.

https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41

1 - 1 of 1 Posts