Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, unable to sleep my mind has been wandering. I got to thinking about during some high level arrest warrants when a home is forcibly entered, sometimes the first officer/agent has a ballistic shield.

In a home defense scenario, it seems that having a shield would be quite a good idea during a bump in the night situation. Other than cost and decreased mobility, I can’t seem to think of any downsides.

Has anyone else ever considered this use for a shield?

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
I keep my shield right next to my tinfoil hat.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
For an individual, I don't think a shield would be beneficial, and may be detrimental. It will leave you with only one hand and is probably unwieldy around walls or furniture. It is probably a great idea if you've got a dozen guys stacked up behind you with AR's

View attachment 306834
Ah, serving a summons is so complicated these days.......

·
Registered
Various
15,454 Posts
Not a bad idea to have some in case of complete societal breakdown. I doubt I would use one for a bump in the night. I have motion detector HD night-vision cameras, motion detector lights, alarms, dogs, and an armed redhead wife for bump in the night scenarios.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Were I that worried, there are low tech solutions that render everything up to an armored vehicle untenable. I won't even go into that.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I believe that we can worry a little too much about somethings. Why not have a AR 500 bedroom door or Kevlar sheets on the bed. The chances of anyone of us having a home invasion break in is so small. I believe in being ready and I carry when at home and when working in the yard , basically all the time. I don't wear a bullet proof vest when I am watching TV, pulling weeds, or sleep with a ballistic shield.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Howdy!

The biggest advantage I see to someone breaking into my house is that I have the home field advantage. They have to come to me and that’s not going to be in their favor, especially in the dark.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
For an individual, I don't think a shield would be beneficial, and may be detrimental. It will leave you with only one hand and is probably unwieldy around walls or furniture. It is probably a great idea if you've got a dozen guys stacked up behind you with AR's

View attachment 306834
Red Flag seizure day?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts