Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot of posts about what people plan to do if there is some ban/"buyback"/confiscation, of anything gun related: "Assault weapons," hi-cap mags, etc. I have read people saying they will buy up all they can (or already doing so) before that happens. Here's what I honestly don't get: To what end?

I keep wondering if I should start binge-buying, but then I think, "If I buy a bunch of stuff that becomes illegal, what do I do with it and what would it be good for?" So I would have to hide it somewhere, which I guess I could do, but then it wouldn't be any good to me. What would I be keeping it for? I couldn't use it for SD and I couldn't train with it. It would probably be a risk to take it out just to look at it. It would seem to me to make more sense to buy guns and accessories I could use after some law is passed.

So I am not asking anyone to "out" themselves on what their individual plans are, but just hypothetically, what good is it to buy up stuff that might be made illegal and then not be able to use it? What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
33,734 Posts
Camilla Harris just announced she wants to ban the importation of AR-15 rifles. I think that will do the trick.
A ban I could live with...

·
Premium Member
33,734 Posts
I have read a lot of posts about what people plan to do if there is some ban/"buyback"/confiscation, of anything gun related: "Assault weapons," hi-cap mags, etc. I have read people saying they will buy up all they can (or already doing so) before that happens. Here's what I honestly don't get: To what end?

I keep wondering if I should start binge-buying, but then I think, "If I buy a bunch of stuff that becomes illegal, what do I do with it and what would it be good for?" So I would have to hide it somewhere, which I guess I could do, but then it wouldn't be any good to me. What would I be keeping it for? I couldn't use it for SD and I couldn't train with it. It would probably be a risk to take it out just to look at it. It would seem to me to make more sense to buy guns and accessories I could use after some law is passed.

So I am not asking anyone to "out" themselves on what their individual plans are, but just hypothetically, what good is it to buy up stuff that might be made illegal and then not be able to use it? What am I missing?
Prices and demand for such items will likely increase once legal sales are outlawed.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Beta says tonight that he absolutely wants to confiscate AR15s and AK47s from Americans and prohibit ownership of them. With that statement he probably just locked in his future of never achieving higher office...at least in my lifetime.
Everyone wants to take away guns, but nobody wants to be at the front of the stack.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
ARs are manufactured domestically.
Doesn't mean they will always be. many guns, including the ones used by our military are made by foreign companies, even if they are currently producing firearms in US based plants. You think she will only ban importation of AR15 clones, and not go after other guns as well?

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Prices and demand for such items will likely increase once legal sales are outlawed.
OK, I get that, but my question remains: What is the point of even having the stuff? Whether you keep it or sell it and take a profit, you are taking a risk of getting busted. Why would I want to save money on something I can't use, or take a profit by selling something the buyer can't legally use?

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
I think many, not outing myself would stockpile for situations in the future when law and order is gone.
In apocalypse secenario no one will give a dang about a ban when you are trying to survive.
Then you will wish you had not turned them in.
I do not use or practice a lot with my AR platform rifles. They are saved for SHTF time.
I use my lever actions, .22’s and bolt action hunting rifles often.
I know how to run my AR’s so if the need arises it will not take me long to get my sea legs back with them

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts
Just put them away. Sooner or later, this civil war will go hot. When it does, the treasonous left will experience the true purpose of the 2nd.

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts
OK, I get that, but my question remains: What is the point of even having the stuff? Whether you keep it or sell it and take a profit, you are taking a risk of getting busted. Why would I want to save money on something I can't use, or take a profit by selling something the buyer can't legally use?
I bought my Daniel Defense as a big "Bleep" You to the gun banners. I also purchased 2k rounds of 5.56 online as a pile on. My money, my choice.

Besides, if they ban my weapon, I'll have standing to sue under the 2A.

In the mean time, I'll have fun shooting it.

Finally, if I worried about the future legality of guns, I could convince myself into getting rid of all of them. No thanks...

·
Registered
33,884 Posts
Camilla Harris just announced she wants to ban the importation of AR-15 rifles. I think that will do the trick.
And I had my heart set on one of those Romanian models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been looking at the "Others" that have come out recently. Interesting legal work around for many states like CT.

Reactions: gatorbait51
1 - 20 of 50 Posts