Defensive Carry banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,201 Posts
OK, I get that, but my question remains: What is the point of even having the stuff? Whether you keep it or sell it and take a profit, you are taking a risk of getting busted. Why would I want to save money on something I can't use, or take a profit by selling something the buyer can't legally use?
You obviously are not born of a bootlegger or a Cartel Boss. :lolp:

Other than financial speculation, or preparation for use, there aren't many other reasons.

Personally, I can think of many other things easier and more liquid with which to speculate.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
My strategy is to do nothing I'm not already doing. I'm not going to let the threat of any restrictions change my behavior until the threat becomes reality. Anything done to further infringe our rights will not go into effect overnight; it will be impossible to second guess what will be put in place or not; and, I'm not going to waste my time doing courses of action analysis until I understand exactly what the problem is I'm trying to solve.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sort of a 'Make America First' stance? hmmm.
I got a good chuckle out of it! Banning the importation of what is probably the least imported firearm ever?

I am sure she did not think of it, but it could be the most astute political move ever. On one side, the left would be happy that evil AR-15 rifles are banned from importation. They will be thrilled! The right could grudgingly agree to this "ban" but proclaim that they have no room for any other restrictions since a ban on the importation of all AR-15 rifles is such an extreme measure. The rights' constituents should be fine with it. Maybe squawk a little to make it look good. Perfect politician move getting credit for doing something while not actually doing something and both sides of the aisle are happy.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
They should really think about this and consider that it will not work out the way they want. I bet the number of suppressed machine guns will rise dramatically if you make gun owners criminals. Go big or go home.
Yep. My ARs will be SBRs. And I’ll be machining auto sears. Because...why not?

I guess I’m the only one whose guns are for sale in the event of a government confiscation. My ARs have a $10M price tag. My >10 round magazines are $1M each. If the government will pay the price I’m asking, they can have them. For a couple hundred million, I can forget about my rights being trampled.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Just heard Booker talking about "back in the 80s, we wanted to get machine guns off the streets, so we banned them." Or words to that effect.

I hate when these people are either outright lying, or just totally ignorant about that which they're discussing. We have as many legally owned machine guns today as in 1985 (minus any that got damaged through use) - we just haven't gotten any more than that. And any that didn't get registered, well, I'd bet they're still hiding in a closet or attic somewhere.
Yep. When I was a little kid my best friend's dad brought a German machine pistol back from the war. Not sure whether it was an MP38 or an MP40. It was fully functional and my friend and I would play with it for hours in his back yard, which had a woods at its end. Two young boys hauling around a German sub machine gun. That was in the 50's.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
"Big brother", if you're reading this, all I have is revolvers, so you can save yourself some time and not come to my house. 😉

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Lemme see..., Gov't is offering me $500 for my AR, neighbor is offering $1000. What to do???

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Beto says, that mostly every one in Texas want to turn in their ARs, the people he sees keep saying "COME AND TAKE IT"

41 - 50 of 50 Posts