Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a holster that is a cross between a shoulder holster and a sob holster.

The weapon would be carried in the small of the back with the muzzle facing weak side or down.

I have seen knives carried in this manner and I wanted to see if there was a gun holster of this design.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Yes, yet knives very seldom have a ND/AD. The carry you describe means that you'd have to muzzle-sweep your entire lower torso to present your pistol during draw-stroke. That could be the (very wise) reason why that holster design is hard to find. Oh! And...Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: AzQkr and BadgerJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you’re practicing, cleaning or defending yourself with a gun, it should be in your hand. If you are not using it, it should be kept in a gun safe. No matter what type of holster you use, it should be comfortable to use. I don’t know much about the type of holster you are talking about but there are different types of holsters to choose from such as The Belt Hostler, Inside the Waistband Holster (IWB), Pocket Holster, Fanny Pack, Ankle Holster etc. In addition, you can refer some tactical gear website. You will find some good suggestion for best Holster.

·
Premium Member
5,127 Posts
Hard to defend yourself with a gun locked up in a safe instead of on your person. What sort of logic is that? This site is about defensive CARRY.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
19,610 Posts
I have not seen any off-the-shelf holsters that fit your need. Find a custom holster maker and tell them what you want. It will likely be expensive.

When I got my first concealed carry permit, I bought a small-of-the-back holster like the detectives on TV and in the movies carry. The first time I carried the S&W J-frame in the holster was to a nice steak-house with my wife. The hostess took us to a booth with wood high back seats. There was a loud clunk and a sharp pain in my lower back as I sat down. That is the one and only time I carried in that holster. It was the first of many holsters that were tried and placed in the box of lightly used holsters. Every once in awhile, I take the box of lightly unused holsters to the LGS for a store credit.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
small of back or anything remotely similar is typically ill advised. You have not seen a holster to fit this carry position for good reason. Its popular on TV and in movies, not so much in real life

·
Premium Member
36,748 Posts
Boot carry, bandoleers and locked up carry guns. This has been the day for it...

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
Near impossible to defend from a take away, not easy to draw in a fight, could potentially injure you in a fall, uncomfortable. There are much better alternatives.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Boot carry, bandoleers and locked up carry guns. This has been the day for it...
:sigh1: Sometimes it's just easier to let 'em fill-up their holster storage tubs (garages?) like...everybody ELSE. :yup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts