Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Vendor
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pick up my check today and my place of employment
ask me if i was carring a gun and if i had a permet now the place i work at is a health care facility and are antigun i told them now i wasnt carring but yes i do have a permet and thy proceded to tell me the bank had called them to say one of there employ's had ask what there policy was on open carry in the bank witch was me.
they told i listen no problem.
Now i provide care for my wife who is disabled and being disabled she gets a disablity check well i guess you could it that but anyway
she is automactily on medicade and they pay this company to pay me
and as i said they are anti gun.
so what right did the bank have to do this ?
and if i lose my job do i have any recourse ?.

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
L-A-W-Y-E-R...:yup:

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
I would be on the phone with NRA, looking for local atty. that specializes in this type of thing, and look for a nice retirement.

Z

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
from my standpoint, many of your rights were violated. Bank violated your right to privacy by even calling your place of employment.

Z

·
Registered
306 Posts
I went to pick up my check today and my place of employment
ask me if i was carring a gun and if i had a permet...
What's a permet? :blink: Regardless... Call Morgan and Morgan... for the people.

·
Registered
536 Posts
make an appointment with the bank manager and have a sit down with him/her.
Have your Lawyer sit down with them.

I am under the impression you were not carrying at the time just asking the bank for their opinion on open carry?

IANAL but my guess is that since the bank records said where you work, the had to use private information to know where to contact. By contacting the employer with information about you beyond banking transactions between the bank and the place of employment (your paycheck) there is a possible second violation.

·
Vendor
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have your Lawyer sit down with them.

I am under the impression you were not carrying at the time just asking the bank for their opinion on open carry?

IANAL but my guess is that since the bank records said where you work, the had to use private information to know where to contact. By contacting the employer with information about you beyond banking transactions between the bank and the place of employment (your paycheck) there is a possible second violation.
No i wasnt carring
I was just asking the bank for their opinion on open carry.
Its not my bank
The bank is my employers bank and the check i cashed had the company name but of course the had all there acount info.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Talk to a lawyer, see if you have a case.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Call Morgan and Morgan... for the people.

Well, that places you firmly in Tampa Bay... that guy is so life-like... like the Presidents at Disneyland...

:rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Why ask? If they aren't posted and it's not against the law, you're GTG. A bank employee's opinion doesn't mean squat one way or the other. If you want to ask someone's opinion call the AG. As they say - always carry, never tell (or ask). Don't see a violation of privacy here - employer name on the check and no privileged communication btwn bank and customer.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I had some problems following your post but it appears you were trying to discuss the bank's policy on customers open carrying in the establishment. Why?? :confused:

·
Banned
5,253 Posts
If your employer terminates you for this you may have a case.

I would consult an attorney.

Biker

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
For the time being I would just I would just go back to work. Now if the telephone call from the bank employee gets you fired, that is when you need to talk to an attorney. The bank employee had no business calling your employer.

Maybe a telephone call from an attorney to the human resources department where you work might be a good start. In this case, consulting with an attorney might be a wise move all the same. I'm still at a loss as to why a bank employee would call your employer.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just so it was a privately owned bank your GTG, unless it was federally owned you have no need to ask their thoughts or view

1 - 20 of 119 Posts