Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like smooth grips for a carry pistol. Had a set off my CDP, the checkering was so sharp,that I took them off sanded them down and cranked up the propane torch and "lightly" torched them.
Here is the set that I put on the CDP

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Nice - so another ''de-checkering'' - good job.

I don't mind checkering myself but certainly do enjoy seeing the full beauty of wood grain and that shows up well. Lovely color.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The grips on the the CDP were grips that come off one of the RIA's when I put the spiders on them. It was a smooth grip but I torched and refinished them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am a fan of smooth wood grips as well. My carry 1911s sport the ultra thin, smooth finish McCormic grips. Wish I could post a picture, the wood is really nice!
str1

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Very nice looking. I can almost taste the mequite flavoring:biggrin2:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The LTC came with nice grips the checkering on it was not painful or catch on your clothes. The on that came on the CDP were high and very sharp. And I know that is a sign of quality work but it was like a thousand little knives. I looking around for "something" for the LTC, got the spiders coming back home soon. And I'm looking at maybe doberman, IF I can find the right ones.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Gotta love American ingenuity at it's best. Great job!! They look purrrrty.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I may do a little bit more sanding and clear work to them yet. But in a way the little imperfections give it a little identity. You can get some really nice smooth matched Mahogany grips by going to the Armscor web site and e-mailing them. They will send you a contact number. More than likely talk to Ivan, they sell the grips for $13.00 - $14.00. :gah:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts