Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own the above pistol?

If so, your opinion please. I'm researching before I buy. I have not owned nor shot Baretta before. Looks like a decent carry weapon.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
PX4

I bought a Beretta PX4 sub about 6 weeks ago and I'm thrilled with it. I CC in a Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB. I've run 600 rounds thru it without any hangups. I did fire a Glock 26, S&W MP sub compact and the Walther PPS twice for a total of 200 rounds. Looked at KelTec and Kahr as well. I was all set to buy the Walther but got hung up on the limited capacity. I asked my buddy a the gun shop if there was any other sub I should look at beyond the ones I had fired or looked at? He said I just got one in that you might like, he pulled out a Beretta PX4 sub compact and stuffed in my hand. It was love at first site. It felt great in my hand (large) and it was 30 bucks cheaper than the Walther. Plus it came with 3 backstraps 2 mags and a speed loader. It is a little heavier than the Walther or the Glock but I don't notice it when I carry at all. The gun shop owner called it "one mean little bulldog".

The best part is it shoots like a full size hand gun, hardly any recoil. I'm almost as accurate as with my Sig P229 Elite out to 25 feet. I think you will be very happy with the purchase, I know I was! Good Luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got one too. I have a 92FS, so I was familiar with Beretta before. I considered getting the Walther PPS because of the size, but went with the extra capacity. I've joked that it looks like something that Spaceman Spiff would carry.

It shoots accurately, does not jump too much and has not failed to feed or extract. I've probably put 1,000 rounds through it by now.

My wife selected the PPS for herself, following her CCW course, so I do have a comparison.

The only reason for me to change my carry weapon now would be that the shorter barrel .45's are looking interesting.

That 13th round is a bit tough to load into the clip. I carry one in the pipe, and am happy with the DA first shot scenario

·
Registered
57 Posts
I WANT ONE!! but none of the suppliers in my town can find one :(
I have the full size in .40 and its great, Id really love the SC in .40 too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is the PX4 .40 available yet?

·
Registered
57 Posts
pretty sure... didnt the 9mm start shipping in like May or June of 08'?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I almost bought one. I have heard many great things about it, like the 3 inch groups it can shoot at 75 yards! The only reason I went with the XD sub was that the Beretta just didn't feel good in my hands. If it fits your hand I say get one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts