Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get your popcorn ready....Is the commissioner really that dumb?
No punishment for the players in the sign stealing scandal?
The Astro's better be ready for some 90+ mph fastballs way out of the strike zone.
This whole next season is gonna be a debacle...I can hear it now....
I wasn't trying to hit the cheaters...The pitch just got away from me:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I had so much fun watching the Seattle Mariners kick butt in 2001 with 116 wins. I understand they were all on roids but it was entertaining. The purity of the game is long gone.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
The hoopla generally ignores the fact that in Baseball, there is legal sign stealing and illegal sign stealing. If a base runner on 2nd sees the sign and communicates it, that is acceptable. If a person in stands in CF sees the sign, that is not acceptable. The question I consider is did it really make a difference? The best batting averages are in the 300s with or without sign stealing. That means that at most, a batter get a hit one of out three times regardless. So, does sign stealing really make a difference?

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
Get your popcorn ready....Is the commissioner really that dumb?
No punishment for the players in the sign stealing scandal?
The Astro's better be ready for some 90+ mph fastballs way out of the strike zone.
This whole next season is gonna be a debacle...I can hear it now....
I wasn't trying to hit the cheaters...The pitch just got away from me:rolleyes:
That makes sense. Throw wild pitches out of anger and get suspended for a few games. :rolleyes:

What’s funny is that the Astros are not the first, or even the second team to get “caught” doing this in just that one season alone, but everyone is upset with the Astros, and their lack of punishment, despite the fact that the players were given immunity in exchange for their statements.

·
Registered
Pistoleer
455 Posts
I like it when the pitcher hits the batter with the baseball and then the batter is like "What the F#CK!" and the pitcher is like "So, what are you going to do about it?!" and then the batter sprints to the pitcher to open a can of whoop ass on him. Then the entire team from each side comes out and it's a huge brawl right there on the field. Other than that I have no idea who the teams are or even all the rules on how the game is played.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That makes sense. Throw wild pitches out of anger and get suspended for a few games. :rolleyes:

What’s funny is that the Astros are not the first, or even the second team to get “caught” doing this in just that one season alone, but everyone is upset with the Astros, and their lack of punishment, despite the fact that the players were given immunity in exchange for their statements.
I just want the old wholesome game i grew up in...When Bonds,Sosa,Clemens etc where representing the game
with class:smile:

·
Registered
34,034 Posts
Suck it up, butterball, and swing away!

·
Registered
34,034 Posts
I like it when the pitcher hits the batter with the baseball and then the batter is like "What the F#CK!" and the pitcher is like "So, what are you going to do about it?!" and then the batter sprints to the pitcher to open a can of whoop ass on him. Then the entire team from each side comes out and it's a huge brawl right there on the field. Other than that I have no idea who the teams are or even all the rules on how the game is played.
That's not baseball--that's hockey.

·
Registered
34,034 Posts
The hoopla generally ignores the fact that in Baseball, there is legal sign stealing and illegal sign stealing. If a base runner on 2nd sees the sign and communicates it, that is acceptable. If a person in stands in CF sees the sign, that is not acceptable. The question I consider is did it really make a difference?
Heck, from center field, I can't even see the catcher, much less the signs.

Reactions: CLASS3NH and sdprof

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Baseball, only thing more boring is the "fights" they have.
Just once I would like to see both benches sit it out when the batter rushes the pitcher.

·
Registered
34,034 Posts
Baseball, only thing more boring is the "fights" they have.
Just once I would like to see both benches sit it out when the batter rushes the pitcher.
Baseball, if you truly understand what is going on, is a chess match with a lot more players. Pitcher versus batter, batter versus fielders, fielders versus base runners, base runners versus catcher, etc. But if one can't keep up with all that, yes--it can be boring.

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
I just want the old wholesome game i grew up in...When Bonds,Sosa,Clemens etc where representing the game
with class:smile:
I see what you did there!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Baseball, if you truly understand what is going on, is a chess match with a lot more players. Pitcher versus batter, batter versus fielders, fielders versus base runners, base runners versus catcher, etc. But if one can't keep up with all that, yes--it can be boring.
Probably beyond my comprehension but I figured if the guy with the funny shaped wood thingy dont hit the round whatchamacallit the other feller flung at him all the other rooks and pawns and bishops and even the knights aren't going to do much no matter how much planning went into the game. All I want is one good semi clean fight is that too much to ask for?? Dont need three dimensional chess but a good fair fight would probably put an end to alot of these "wild" pitches.

·
Registered
606 Posts
As a Washington Nationals fan, I recently heard reports that the Nats knew the Astros were stealing signs. And didn't care. They still beat the Astros in a terrific World Series!

·
Registered
34,034 Posts
Probably beyond my comprehension but I figured if the guy with the funny shaped wood thingy dont hit the round whatchamacallit the other feller flung at him all the other rooks and pawns and bishops and even the knights aren't going to do much no matter how much planning went into the game. All I want is one good semi clean fight is that too much to ask for?? Dont need three dimensional chess but a good fair fight would probably put an end to alot of these "wild" pitches.
I have to agree with you on the fight thing. They should let the benches form a circle around the pitcher and batter and chant, "Two men enter, one man leaves!" It would really cut down on the fighting.

Reactions: Havok and Rabbit212
1 - 20 of 38 Posts