Defensive Carry banner

Based on your CC permit photo, how would the general public describe you?

• Major smile

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Minor smile

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Major frown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minor frown

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Uneasy

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Serious

Votes: 51 27.6%
  • Angry

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Menacing

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • Pleasant

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Sleepy

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Studious

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Deer in the headlights

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 41 22.2%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know you might be thinking "WTH"?

So, this might be kind of fun and useful all at the same time. In this poll I'm asking you to take a look at the photo on your CC permit, or better yet ask someone at your house to give you their opinion of your photo.

If you were involved in some sort of incident with a firearm, I suppose it might be possible for the media to get access to the state's photo of you that's on your CC permit. That possibility probably varies from state to state? So everytime your story is on the news your permit photo would likely be splashed across the TV screen at the same time. So, would your photo help you or hurt you in the eyes of the "court of public opinion"?

I just re-looked at my photo and I'm thinking that they'd say I looked "pleasant", I'm also wishing that I'd had a comb :rofl:, (HEY, it was windy that day)

·
Registered
238 Posts
We don't have pictures in AZ. My license photo screams "goofy" according to my loving wife :spankme: but it's really the mug shot stating height and prisoner number that I would be concerned with, not the photo with the blue background. :gah:

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
VA doesn't have pictures on their permits, so I guess they would say I look blank!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I voted 'serious'. But truth be known......I'd hate to think of what the public would think of my permit pic. Reality? It's the same as my driver's license pic, and even that scares me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Asked a friend for an honest opinion, they said it was a good picture.

To me it looks like an overweight, overly happy 20-something-year-old guy with hat hair.

But I tend to be harder on myself than most.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Asked a friend for an honest opinion, they said it was a good picture.

To me it looks like an overweight, overly happy 20-something-year-old guy with hat hair.

But I tend to be harder on myself than most.
You told your friend he could shoot your gun at the range tomorrow didn't you? Honest opinion? Yeah. Sure. No driver's license or any CCW permit pic could be considered "good". Ask again after chips and dip.

·
Super Moderator
17,542 Posts
North Carolina does not have photos on CCW answered other based on FL CCW, don't have response for gray haired old guy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No photo on the VA permits... However, the Utah does have one, and the photo was taken during my record breaking 7-week stretch of no-haircuts, and no-shaving (work related)...so I could be described as slightly 'grungy,' despite the sport coat visible in the photo.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I was being paid to look like riff raff at the time the photo was taken. I look like a runner up in a Charles Manson look alike contest.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Don't have pics in MN, but my DL pic looks like I've just been cuffed and stuffed. That way there'll be no mistaking it for me. My kids think my UT instructor pic is truly scary, 'course who'd be happy having to fly to SLC every 3 yrs to get trained and re-upped. I'll look like riff raff for food.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i voted minor smile. i don't really smile very much so any kind of smile caught on film is in reality a major smile.:smilez:

·
Registered
113 Posts
In my county we provide the picture to the courthouse and they laminate it on the card. Told me they didn't care if I got a passport photo taken somewhere or if I cut up a picture myself, as long as it was "DL picture style".

So I took a bunch against a white wall in my house and settled on the one I was happiest with. I look cheerful. Was going for studious, like the DL pic, but they all ended up being terrified looking instead.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'd been up for 27 hours.

So, I look like...

I'd been up for 27 hours.

(Sleepy)
:knockedout:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Ga just puts a paw print on it, we all look alike....:image035:

·
Registered
541 Posts
My Utah permit picture looks like the one you would see above the neighbor's statement:

"He always seemed like such a nice man"......................:22a:

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I was being paid to look like riff raff at the time the photo was taken. I look like a runner up in a Charles Manson look alike contest.
Me too, My photo was taken 3 days before the slipknot concert.....My hair was past my shoulders, and the GO tee didnt help..My buddy who has his cpl also, told me that im going to jail if something ever happens, as he was laughing.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts