Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for suggestions from everyone for a basic (trying to keep this on the cheap since it will very rarely get used and might get beat up) OWB holster for open carry for when I go camping (private property) and hunting. I'm fine with pretty much any material that doesn't damage the material.

Anything in particular anyone has or likes that will work for me? Is there something other than an OWB holster I should consider (such as a thigh holster)? Any input is much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you are going to spend $50, I would look at Kholster, they are actually IWB holsters but they are the most comfortable holster I have ever had, and they are only 49 bucks and that includes shipping.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Fobus makes a good inexpensive OWB as well as Blackhawk makes a plastic serpa for 29 bucks.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I use a Galco Fletch High Ride with a thumb break for camping. I dont care if it gets beat up and with the thumb break, I know my gun is secure. I ride ATV's while camping and this holds my 1911's high and tight and also secure. YMMV

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
If you are looking for cheap way to carry and protect the finish on nice gun while in rough conditions you might want to check the synthetic cheapos. You didn't say what model gun, but I use a military flap holster for my 1911 in rough conditions. Made by Bianchi and holster came with a cleaning rod stored in it.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Don Hume J.I.T slide holster. Excellent bargain, functional.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I know as I am saying this I will probably catch it from most of you, but here goes. Based on cheap, rarely used, might get beat up, ect. Uncle Mikes fits that bill pretty good I've found for me at certain times. Don't get much cheaper. And yes I also have alot of $ invested in top of the line leather as well.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SIG P239, for those that asked the gun model.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I know as I am saying this I will probably catch it from most of you, but here goes. Based on cheap, rarely used, might get beat up, ect. Uncle Mikes fits that bill pretty good I've found for me at certain times. Don't get much cheaper. And yes I also have alot of $ invested in top of the line leather as well.
When I stated synthetic cheapo I thought the brand was a given. I have a Uncle Mikes for every handgun I own but one. For the autos I have the ones that have the stupid mag holder built into the front of the holster. Keeps a spare mag and gun together while in safe.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
If you're in the $50 range, I'd suggest Don Hume or D Bullard.
IMO, Bullard is a bit nicer for around $55.

Way cheap, go for Uncle Mike's, but I can't get exited about them.

Or e-bay where import holsters abound.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts