Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Streamlight Pro Tac HL that takes Lithium Ion CR123 batteries. I've looked online at Amazon, and don't like the reviews I've seen for some of the dealers that are selling them. Where do y'all get your batteries? Looked at Wal Mart, and that was a no go.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
I've got a Streamlight Pro Tac HL that takes Lithium Ion CR123 batteries. I've looked online at Amazon, and don't like the reviews I've seen for some of the dealers that are selling them. Where do y'all get your batteries? Looked at Wal Mart, and that was a no go.
Your walmart might be out, but where Im at, Middle TN, the local walmart has them in the camera department.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I have always bought them on Amazon...although, I have been seeing them at Lowes and for a decent price, lately...not as cheap as Amazon, but cheap for being local...about $4.50 per 2...Surefire brand.

Reactions: Geezer

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Wal-Mart has been good for me.

Sent via Tapatalk from somewhere in a distant bunker.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Walmart camera or jewelry counters usually has them. Mine has them around the watch batteries at the jewelry counter. YMMV

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I got mine on Amazon. They Energizer and have served me well. Just go with a reputable brand and check the expiration date before you tear into them.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Try BatteryJunction. Their prices are great and they're very reliable and good to deal with. I buy virtually every battery I use from them no matter the type. One really great thing about them is that they ship $50 for free, including batteries. Lithium batteries can't go by Air so shipping via Ground usually costs $11-$12 so the frees shipping is a big money saver. That's a lot of batteries but keep in mind they have everything. For example I get 9v batteries from my thermometers, timers, smoke detectors, etc from the for half to a third the price of the local stores. Also lithium batteries have an outstanding shelf life. A very good online mag did a test on 11 year old Surefire CR123A batteries and the runtime was 85% of that of a brand new one! So why not stock up?

I would recommend Panasonic batteries. They're the best out there bar none. They OEM the batteries for Surefire and Streamlight, too, so if you do buy Surefire you're just paying extra for a Panasonic battery with a red wrapper on it.

Right now I think I have around 100 or so Panasonic CR123A batteries! I keep most of them in Pelican 1010 and 1020 cases with special foam inserts made to hold batteries. Very handy for organization but they're also great for camping, etc since the cases are watertight.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Lowes carries the Surefire brand for about $4 for two. Add to that 10% military discount and they are a bargain!

Reactions: Geezer

·
Registered
417 Posts
Try BatteryJunction. Their prices are great and they're very reliable and good to deal with. I buy virtually every battery I use from them no matter the type. One really great thing about them is that they ship $50 for free, including batteries. Lithium batteries can't go by Air so shipping via Ground usually costs $11-$12 so the frees shipping is a big money saver. That's a lot of batteries but keep in mind they have everything. For example I get 9v batteries from my thermometers, timers, smoke detectors, etc from the for half to a third the price of the local stores. Also lithium batteries have an outstanding shelf life. A very good online mag did a test on 11 year old Surefire CR123A batteries and the runtime was 85% of that of a brand new one! So why not stock up?

I would recommend Panasonic batteries. They're the best out there bar none. They OEM the batteries for Surefire and Streamlight, too, so if you do buy Surefire you're just paying extra for a Panasonic battery with a red wrapper on it.

Right now I think I have around 100 or so Panasonic CR123A batteries! I keep most of them in Pelican 1010 and 1020 cases with special foam inserts made to hold batteries. Very handy for organization but they're also great for camping, etc since the cases are watertight.
Hadn't used that site before, that's definitely cheaper than the 12 packs on amazon if you just buy enough to get the free shipping. Going to have to place an order soon. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

Just a "Thanks" for your post. I have a box of 8 year old surefire batteries, that I had my doubts about still being good. I made a mental note of your post about "11 years...85% good", and then found a light in the garage with dead batteries.

I slapped those 8 year old surefires in it, and its rockin'. Great info.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Amazon. I have a Prime account so free shipping even on small orders. This lets me save overall by buying at Amazon.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Just a "Thanks" for your post. I have a box of 8 year old surefire batteries, that I had my doubts about still being good. I made a mental note of your post about "11 years...85% good", and then found a light in the garage with dead batteries.

I slapped those 8 year old surefires in it, and its rockin'. Great info.
They have a very long shelf life! Be prepared for the runtime to be slightly decreased vs fresh batteries but yeah- no need to worry about 'em.

Reactions: StormRhydr
1 - 20 of 21 Posts