Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my first handgun, a springfield XD40 sub-compact, and I must say getting used to carrying it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. the one problem I am having is the fact that when I do carry, IWB at about 2-3 o'clock, the muzzle sits right where my hand would enter my pocket, making it very difficult to hold things in that pocket. I carry in a desantis stealth. any comments or suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
About the only thing i can think of is what i do i carry further back on hip and also switch everything to my off side pocket

·
Registered
363 Posts
Bud White hit it right on. You have to move it back or not use that pocket. I carry an OWB at the same position and i cant use that pocket much at all. I useally just jump a belt loop so that i can slide it back when i want to and it works out well for me

·
Super Moderator
18,095 Posts
I have what is known as "prosperity gut".:image035:

which means that I am by no means starved...

as a result, I carry at 4-5 position so that I dont cut off the circulation to the lower part of my gut..:blink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hotguns I too have this problem sometimes but with the desantis it sits so low that it isnt too much of an issue. the grip actually sits even with the waistband ... not too good for a fast draw, but comfortable an deeply concealed, I guess the draw will speed up with practice using the holster.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
This is one reason why my OWB belt slide is so flexible - I usually straddle a belt loop and it allows me to adjust from 3.00 to 3.30 or so and thus be clear of my pocket.

·
Registered
74 Posts
HotGuns said:
I have what is known as "prosperity gut".:image035:

which means that I am by no means starved...

as a result, I carry at 4-5 position so that I dont cut off the circulation to the lower part of my gut..:blink:
my last physical the doc described it a bit different. i am a well nourished male etc etc etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts