Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a couple of spots on my stainless slide so i started trying to rub them out and once i got going what i Found was UGLY.

So this wont do at all ..

So i decided i would try to bead blast it Went down bought a cheep blaster and glass bead

And got this

Im not sure if i will blast it again with some White Sand for a more matte finish yet or not

My Thanks to QK for his tips on Bead Blasting

Just thought you guys would want to see it can be done at home for fairly cheep

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
were it me , i would tape off the side flats , and mat the top and dustcover a bit more with heavyer material , just my preferances tho .

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Looks good Bud ! Gonna do the rest of the gun ?
I ran a sand blaster in corrosion control for a few months in the navy. I used to take crushed walnut shell and produce some good lookin' suede combat boots. LOL...

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bud - that is pretty impressive :smilez:

More info please on the budget bead blast gear you selected? I have a compressor but could well do with a simple blaster kit for small jobs.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
P95Carry said:
Bud - that is pretty impressive :smilez:

More info please on the budget bead blast gear you selected? I have a compressor but could well do with a simple blaster kit for small jobs.
Chris-
Did you notice Artz input about making suede combat boots with a bead blaster? Sandals should be simple; socks, now, could be harder...:banana: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Swiftjuan - yeah right!!! :18:

:stups: :stups: :twak: :buttkick: :twak:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RR Im thinking of just Doing a heavier matte finish all way around flats and all this is a Carry Piece

Artz No the Frame is Aluminum so its not gonna be done

Chris this is what i bought i have couple big compressors but they make a gravity feed gun for round same price for people with smaller compressors got to be able to run between 95-120PSI

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=30979

So for a outlay of 50$ for blaster and media i was able to do that.. about 45 mins time have to give compressor time to recycle

If i was gonna do a bunch i would buy a Blast cabinet

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swiftyjuan said:
Chris-
Did you notice Artz input about making suede combat boots with a bead blaster? Sandals should be simple; socks, now, could be harder...:banana: :rofl:

OOOOOO i think we should all get together and buy a set of custom sandals for Chris

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx Bud - well my big compressor died last year so I have just a smaller one now but 125 psi is no prob.

I'll check that out and thx - could be all I need - well, enough for the sandals anyways :18:

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
I think it looks good, Bud. :congrats:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Guys i was a little leery of doing it but figured i could always send it out and have it refinished if it didn't Come out good ..:image035:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i went ahead and changed out my MSH also

This is the stock one which i didn't care for

Then here is the Ed Brown Snakeskin MAH i changed to with i could have got it arched and with a Magwell

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Looks good Bud. :hand10:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shot pretty Good Today to .. Funny Had a Jam with with Flying Ashtrays 2 top round of 2 wilson mags ran great rest of the rounds..

My last box of them So i've Switched over to some Hornday XTP's Now

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Bud,
Looks good -- I'd go with the full slide as well....
post more when you get it finished, I'm anxious to see how it turns out....

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Also, like that MSH -- I'm thinking about one in a bobtail....

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
looking good bud , nice project keep us informed lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts