Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm breaking down and trying to find, not the most popular, but the most comfortable and well liked Kydex IWB holster. I've tried a couple and found them to pinch or even scratch up my guns (major pissed). I'm not going to give the name of this second company, because they had excellent customer service and were very gracious with my refunds. They even refunded my money prior to me returning their product!

Long story short, I'm looking for new, Single-Clip, options. Pictures would be great! Ok, so if you LOVE your leather IWB holster, feel free to share.

Id like to holster my S&W Shield, Ruger LC9s Pro, Ruger LCP, and Glock 19.

Thanks!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I have never been much of a fan of hybrid IWB holsters. The leather just adds thickness to the holster. The idea is to better distribute the weight of the gun on your body for increased comfort but the added bulk is more than what I want and some are not all that concealable especially if you need to tuck a shirt over and around the clips.

The other extreme are the minimalist holsters like Versa-carry that aren't really holsters at all.

I prefer a leather IWB holster. The Galco Tuck-N-Go or Stow-N-Go. They are inexpensive, comfortable enough and easier to tuck a dress shirt around without a lot of effort.

The Multi Holster Elite is the only ALL Kydex holster I like. It is well made, fits the gun it's designed for, has only a single clip and is tuck-able. If the Kydex rubs your skin, you can pad it with something like a lidocane patch or adhere a piece of moleskin to the backside.

Homepage ? MultiHolsters

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Multi Holster Elite is the only ALL Kydex holster I like. It is well made, fits the gun it's designed for, has only a single clip and is tuck-able. If the Kydex rubs your skin, you can pad it with something like a lidocane patch or adhere a piece of moleskin to the backside.

Homepage ? MultiHolsters
Lidocaine Patch. That's funny!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am a big fan of single clip holsters. In fact I no longer have any dual clip holsters as they were never comfortable on me. That being said I have tried single clip holsters from N82, Cooks, Stealthgear, Foxx, and Vedder. For IWB, I currently use all Vedder. I use the Vedder Hybrid for my M&P9c and the Vedder all Kydex for my small Kahr CW380. They are both comfortable but I think the Hybrid is more comfortable than the all Kydex. Besides comfort Vedder holsters have some great features like a new style all metal clip, adjustable ride height, adjustable cant, and are tuckable. The only complaint I have is the the Vedder Hybrid takes a little bit more time to get broken in compared to a Foxx or Stealthgear holster. Not a problem for me though, I don't mind a little extra break-in time for a holster I really like.
Vedder1clip.jpg Vedder1clipb.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
I have several Kydex IWB holsters. For minimal size and most comfort the Vedder lite tuck beats all the rest, and it is adjustable for cant which means you can use it is several different "o'clock" places on your body. The holster is extremely durable and yet so thin that I do not believe you will need to wear larger size waist pants due to thickness added by anything except the gun itself.

·
Registered
706 Posts
This

Silent Thunder Solo

It's technically a hybrid but he does have an all kydex version. The nice thing about Garrett is he leather lines his kydex. So you get a very smooth quiet draw. He makes awesome holsters. I have three of them. The one linked above and two OWB.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
A member of another forum just got into kydex, and made these two for me. I, too, prefer the single belt clip. I'm no kydex expert, but i like these.

·
Registered
98 Posts
For a single clip kydex holster I really like the Clinger Stingray. I've purchased 3 of them. My last one was for my 1911 in the photo below. Two of them are for my XD mod.2 I don't even own anymore! Been really happy with them.

·
Registered
837 Posts
For a hybrid single clip I like LaTour Custom Holsters. Really nice quality and fast turn around. I have one each for my M&P Compact and Shield and both in about a week of ordering.

For an all kydex single clip I like Insane Kydex Creations. The wait is long though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Hmmm, since kydex uses pressure against the pistol for retention. you may experience some chaffing on the frame. Otherwise it will bounce around in the holster.
So, you might want to try leather.

·
Premium Member
36,786 Posts
Hmmm, since kydex uses pressure against the pistol for retention. you may experience some chaffing on the frame. Otherwise it will bounce around in the holster.
Leather depends on pressure against the pistol for retention, as well.

·
Registered
20,116 Posts
Im a guy who prefers a loop to a clip.

And, I don't do the big name stuff, but prefer to tap in to the quality driven people working in small shops.

So, I like Appalachian Concealment and Kentucky Kydex, because I know the people personally that make them.
If I don't know'em on a personal level, I won't buy their product, unless I have no other option.

·
Registered
20,116 Posts
Who cares about wear on a business gun?
Leather wears too. They just wear in different ways.

Reactions: deadguy and sammeow

·
Registered
116 Posts
My Vedder ComfortTuck has been amazing since day one. I've slept with it on and on occasion forgotten I was carrying. The best thing to keep in mind is a good belt.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts