Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went bicycling the other day but could not carry my pistol while wearing exercise clothing. What’s the best, most comfortable of those types of holsters? Smart Carry is one example. How else can you carry when you cannot use a regular belt holster are there any other solutions?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I hate to admit it, but I have been using a fanny pack. I have placed an Uncle Mike's holster in in it and it has worked well for me. The holster helped make it stay in one position better and allowed it to be drawn easily.

·
Registered
177 Posts
When bicycling, I always use a fanny pack... inside, I usually carry my Glock 26, and in a separate pocket, (still part of the fanny pack) I carry my ID, permit, 15 rd mag, and car keys. In my shorts pocket, I carry chemical spray.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
When bicycling (which I haven't done lately) I CC a g27 in a retention holster OWB, all covered by a long t-shirt. I like using retention on the bike just in case of a crash. I'd really like to retain my weapon.

Check out kangaroo carry, it's about like a belly band, but up around your chest.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to have a shirt, kinda like Under Armor, but I think it was 5.11 it had two pockets sewn near the arm pits that had Velcro closures. Worked real good for a small frame pistol. I've never been a fan of belly bands, they seem to droop to one side after awhile....horrible I bet if you didn't have a tucked shirt.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I went bicycling the other day but could not carry my pistol while wearing exercise clothing. What’s the best, most comfortable of those types of holsters? Smart Carry is one example. How else can you carry when you cannot use a regular belt holster are there any other solutions?
I use one of the following. I have one in black, and in white. It allows me to carry my gun, and two spare mags.

New Black Concealed Belly Band Holster Medium Size for Waist 30" to 38" : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
I use a belly band (The Original Belly Band Made in USA). I also use a belt over the belly band to provide extra security. Both the belly band and belt are covered by my pants and a shirt.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I use a belly band (The Original Belly Band Made in USA). I also use a belt over the belly band to provide extra security. Both the belly band and belt are covered by my pants and a shirt.
What kind of gun do you carry in it? What else?

What pockets does this version of the belly band have? Ideally, I'd want to fit a pistol, a magazine, a cell phone, and a flashlight.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
What kind of gun? Do you run? Could you fit a cell phone and flash light in there as well?
Typically a Walther PPQ or Beretta nano, or H&K P30. I tend to carry my phone and light elsewhere, like when cycling, I carry them in the back pockets of my jersey, and since the tac lights almost always have a belt clip, you can clip one anywhere. That particular band has the holster on one side, and two mag pouches on the other (all elastic) and it's reversible so you can wear the gun on either side. I do cycle, both road and MTB.
Since the holster is simply made of elastic, it would be very simple to add a pocket for a tac light or cell phone as needed.

Reactions: Vuva3rae

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I use the Pistolwear.com PT-One with a G19 or Shield 9. I've even run 3 mile runs with a G17. Works as advertized. Doesn't bounce and keeps the gun from getting soaked with sweat. I use it anytime I am doing something athletic in workout type clothes. I ride my mountain bike, workout at the gym and go jogging with it.

You wear it pretty tight and low on the waist to get the most benefit out of the design. Had mine for about 3 years. On average, I wear it 3 to 4 times a week during exercise. Hand wash it in the sink with mild detergent/soap and hang to dry.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture. It really helps to see these things in action. I'm disappointed that the manufacturers don't have better pictures. It's reassuring that you can run comfortably with a G19 or Shield 9 in it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture. It really helps to see these things in action. I'm disappointed that the manufacturers don't have better pictures. It's reassuring that you can run comfortably with a G19 or Shield 9 in it.
The great thing about the pistolwear holsters is you don't have to carry/run/workout/bike with a small gun for it to be comfortable and useable. I'd carry the G17 all the time in it, but the G19 gives me a quicker draw because I can get my hand down in the pouch better with the G19.

I wear mine inside my shorts for better concealment even though it's made to wear outside your shorts. I tried some of the holster shirts out there, but none of them worked as well as what I have now.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
DSCF7800_zps4b588ff3.jpg

DSCF7799_zps1ec4bf6a.jpg

DSCF7798_zps0bb87ae1.jpg

DSCF7796_zps54b001e9.jpg

These are a few images of my belly band with the Beretta and two spare extended mags.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
I am very big on 3 Speed Holster
I wear mine at 1 O'Clock About 3 inches above belt line.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I use a fanny pack designed for a firearm. It has a quick access pocket for a gun and a separate pocket for keys, wallet. Works well and doesn't look too stupid in this situation. I would never just wear a fanny pack.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
I bike ride and jog,and was trying different things.I ordered from pistolwear,and received mine a couple of weeks ago.I carry the gl23 or the xds45..I like it,so far.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts