Defensive Carry banner

Belly Band Style Holsters?

7K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Cremator75 
#1 ·
I went bicycling the other day but could not carry my pistol while wearing exercise clothing. What’s the best, most comfortable of those types of holsters? Smart Carry is one example. How else can you carry when you cannot use a regular belt holster are there any other solutions?

#4 ·
When bicycling (which I haven't done lately) I CC a g27 in a retention holster OWB, all covered by a long t-shirt. I like using retention on the bike just in case of a crash. I'd really like to retain my weapon.

Check out kangaroo carry, it's about like a belly band, but up around your chest.

#5 ·
I used to have a shirt, kinda like Under Armor, but I think it was 5.11 it had two pockets sewn near the arm pits that had Velcro closures. Worked real good for a small frame pistol. I've never been a fan of belly bands, they seem to droop to one side after awhile....horrible I bet if you didn't have a tucked shirt.

#6 ·
#14 ·
I use the Pistolwear.com PT-One with a G19 or Shield 9. I've even run 3 mile runs with a G17. Works as advertized. Doesn't bounce and keeps the gun from getting soaked with sweat. I use it anytime I am doing something athletic in workout type clothes. I ride my mountain bike, workout at the gym and go jogging with it.

You wear it pretty tight and low on the waist to get the most benefit out of the design. Had mine for about 3 years. On average, I wear it 3 to 4 times a week during exercise. Hand wash it in the sink with mild detergent/soap and hang to dry.

#16 ·
The great thing about the pistolwear holsters is you don't have to carry/run/workout/bike with a small gun for it to be comfortable and useable. I'd carry the G17 all the time in it, but the G19 gives me a quicker draw because I can get my hand down in the pouch better with the G19.

I wear mine inside my shorts for better concealment even though it's made to wear outside your shorts. I tried some of the holster shirts out there, but none of them worked as well as what I have now.

#17 ·
Belt Waist Abdomen Trunk Arm

Belt Waist Buckle Abdomen Trunk

Belt Waist Abdomen Trunk Buckle

Belt Abdomen Arm Waist Trunk

These are a few images of my belly band with the Beretta and two spare extended mags.

#19 ·
I use a fanny pack designed for a firearm. It has a quick access pocket for a gun and a separate pocket for keys, wallet. Works well and doesn't look too stupid in this situation. I would never just wear a fanny pack.

#21 ·
The gun will be either a Glock26 or and XDS. I forgot to mention this before.. it needs to have some kind of back sweat shield, or that no part of the gun touches the skin, since it gets pretty hot in FL in the summer. Some nice ideas, some I never knew about, thx

#22 ·
Footwear Shoe
Purple Helmet Jeans Magenta Strap
Product Jeans Shoulder Denim T-shirt
Helmet Footwear Personal protective equipment
Jeans Jacket Outerwear Hand Denim
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

I am in the Richmond/Rosenberg, TX area it get pretty hot & muggy here. I started with the 3 Speed Holster for a Ruger SR40C, which is my very first gun. I am 62 and somewhat pudgy. I did find that wearing a white tank top tee under my regular tee, then the 3speed and concealed with a regular tee shirt works real well. the tank tee protects the skin from the holster's Velcro, and absorbs sweat. I wear my carry at 1 O'Clock. I am usually in drawstring shorts. this appendix carry keeps the drawstrings from tangling with gun or my hand when drawing. it is a well concealing system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.