Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used a Defender bellyband from www.action-direct.com for deep concealment for quite some time. I have gotten away from the bellyband somewhat of late due to finding some holsters that work well for me, but I still use it when the situation calls for it. I used it on the vacation this past week as I had several different pistols with me, and it works well with all of them.

I have often thought about using an elastic band in conjunction with a holster for CCW as this would combine the good points of the bellyband (weight distribution, tuckable, no hooks or loops on the belt) with a holster (easier to reholster, better fit to particular weapon).

I just found such a product. It is from Horseshoe Leather.

http://www.holsters.org/deepconceal-holster.htm

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Lee - I have tried most all combinations and did try the Defender - tho in that case due to it riding up - treated it more like a lower chest band! Mine is black - a white or actually flesh tone would be much better.

I also have a SmartCarry but that only ever comes out when deep means deep and all other options are gone. Usually R9 in pocket will do.

Once I settled finally on a tight-to-body belt slide hi-ride OWB - I have really never looked back. Admittedly I do require outer cover and the Smith&Alexander vest does that, even in hot weather.

As ever - I guess it is always gonna be what works - for the individual. Body shape, circumstances etc. My holster box is testament to my ''testing;'' process :biggrin:.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wear the defender slightly below the wasteline so that the belt serves as a retention device and I don't have a problem with it riding up. The only drawback is that reholstering can't be accomplished one handed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts