Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see this show up in their email inbox?

I wouldn't have a need for this, but it is pretty clever in concept.

"Specifically, ADF looked to the Ruger 96. While most Model 96 rifles were rimfire guns, Ruger also made a number of Model 96-44 rifles chambered for .44 Remington Magnum.

ADF’s bullpup is based on the Model 96-44 and indeed loads and fires from a belt of big old .44 Magnum cartridges. And of course, .44 Mag is no slouch, on par with many intermediate cartridges out of a rifle-length barrel."

·
Super Moderator
16,751 Posts
Interesting design and belt fed would eliminate the problem of rim stacking in box magazines.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,335 Posts
Looks like fun to shoot, but I will stick with my Colt, Ruger, and S&W revolvers and Winchester '94 lever-action rifle in .44 magnum.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
The whole reason this is even around is in the UK all semi autos are banned other then 22lr ( even semi auto non 22lr is a question if legal last I looked as the law only say 22lr rimfire ) even the faster action bolt action or double pull AR are banned or might be banned ..And there is always talked of banning over x size mag as you can right now get a bolt action whatever and put a 100 round drum on it if you wanted to ( there are people in UK who have bolt action AKs with 40 + round mags )

So this was a way to have the fun of prob the fastess centerfire action they could own but with more rounds for fun

Reactions: Pete63

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Dang. Look like I may have to get on better terms with that feller from the North Pole.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
35,987 Posts
Dang. Look like I may have to get on better terms with that feller from the North Pole.
Don't set those hopes too high. 🎅

Reactions: NavCop

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Now make it a pump and your on to something.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Now make it a pump and your on to something.

I am guessing as pump action is banned in the UK ..In the UK only rimfire pumps are legal ..I am guessing this is why they do that .....As there are a number of miltaray style rifles that take AR mags and are short action pumps guessing they did now want them nasty things ..

I do wonder if one could do this with a pump or crank action ala gatling gun etc ...

Reactions: Pete63

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
VERY COOL! The man designing it is "VERY SHARP! AND on top of that, design/building WITHOUT CAD/CAM! With respect to weight, I my opinion not a deal breaker, as .44 mag is NOTHING like shooting a .22. Better for "recoil reduction"! Belt is made easily/cheaply too! (3 D printing has really brought about a revolution in MY opinion!)

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
35,987 Posts
If I'm going belt fed, I think I'd opt for one of these, although it looks like it may need a little tuning.

Just the thing for when those "protesters" show up on your lawn.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I checked Bass Pro--no ammo on the shelf for it.
Are you surprised?? No one can find 9mm,and while I'm sure this is more popular than 357sig which is usually sitting on some shelves, I bet these are spoken for as soon as they arrive! :cool:

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I checked Bass Pro--no ammo on the shelf for it.
Random fun fact the ammo for the mark 19 is not the same as the 203 40mm ammo ..So if one ever gets into the DD 40mm game ( yes you can own a 40mm launcher its the ammo that's a pain) dont ever mix up the roudns as the mark 19 will cause major issues with the 203 lauchers as much higher pressuer round ..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts