Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first appendix holster after years of using a Crossbreed Super Tuck.

The problem I have is my Ares Gear Eagis belt just doesn't seem to jive with the big buckle right against where the holster clips.

Are there better options for belts for appendix? Maybe like a G hook belt like the Volund or even the Ares ranger?

Thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I only recently started concealed carrying but I own the lirasy belt and appendix carry with it. Haven’t had any issues. It’s a spandex like, Velcro closure. I’m not familiar with the one you speak of but thought I could at least give a review on the one I use.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I find G-hook belts are good for AIWB because they are lower profile than belts with regular buckles and the hook orientation can be changed to have the overlap go away from the holster. The one I have is the The Atlas G-hook Belt bt Volund GearWorks, but there are others.
21BB8E9F-10B7-4764-9AE7-D7E9B7E52C9A.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly I've lost weight and going to a thinner gun than my Glock 19 I need a new belt anyways lol.

That Ares is great but the buckle pushed the end of the belt away from my body.

Thanks guys

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,322 Posts
Interesting. I had not heard of the G-hook belts; looks like that is a fairly consistent way to fasten a belt without the variation caused by minor weight changes. Still, I don't thing the nylon belt would be that great for other than AIWB carry.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Interesting. I had not heard of the G-hook belts; looks like that is a fairly consistent way to fasten a belt without the variation caused by minor weight changes. Still, I don't thing the nylon belt would be that great for other than AIWB carry.
The Volund Gearworks g-hook belt is able to handle all sorts of carry. It provides just as much support as any other 1-1/2" gun belt.

·
Premium Member
4,554 Posts
My 1-1/2" 5 stitch Instructors Belt is very sturdy, and I can adjust it exactly how tight I want it because there's no belt loops.

·
Banned
5,322 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, Flintlock62 and WoodLark. While I am not in the market at present, it's great to have knowledge of other options when I am.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
As @WoodLark and @flintlock62 have said, nylon gun belts are sturdy enough to support all styles of guns. I have carried a P229 with my Volund Gearworks belt.

Just like with leather belts, nylon belts come in all different styles and sturdiness. The Volind G-hook comes in a slim and regular. The regular is a double layer belt with stiffener inside and just as sturdy as my leather gun belt from a Better Belt. The slim is less stiff, but can still support a smaller or lighter gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts