Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have one and can comment on it before I lay down the cash for one? Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
I own a Benchmade 950 Rift, Black and Charcoal G10 Scales, Plain Edge and believe it is one of the best knives that I own. I think you get a good product from them. Good luck with a new purchase, the worst that can happen is you'll have to buy & try another knife.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
bakes...

I have been thinking of replacing my long lost Benchmade Stryker with a new one, however I've been eying the Rift quite a bit.

How long have you had yours and can you elaborate on what you like about it?

How does it fit in your hand, and is it comfortable and secure using a reverse grip?

I like the fact that it isn't an assisted opener. All the new model Strykers have the Nitrous Assist and because of that, I've been shying away from it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a mini barrage as soon as they came to my local retailer. The Axis is my favorite lock, and i own other Axis Benchmades, but i wanted the AO feature. I also own several Kershaws and CRKT AO knives. The Barrage snaps open with authority! It is a little thick. but all my Benchmades are thicker than the others. I really like the mini barrage.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all....I am going to order one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think I've had it about a year?not sure
It was an impulse buy. I liked the look of it. The grip/reverse grip is great.
It replaced a Spyderco Scorpius non-ser which is a great knife
Naturally if it was up to me I'd have a new knife more often.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Thanks bakes! I appreciate the input!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got it, I love it. I am going to order another one with a serrated blade. It is an excellent knife in my opinion. It is taking the place of my Spyderco Natives.....which took the place of my Benchmade Mini-Griptilian. Guess I am a Benchmade kind of guy:danceban:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I like mine a lot. The action is quick and easy, the axis lock is always a plus, the locking mechanism doesn't do me any good but some may use it, the blade can take a pretty good edge, and it's easy to sharpen. The thing you wont see in the video is that the little dents on each side of the handle actually work perfectly with your middle and index finger during openning. It's a small knife, so lanyards may help. Look at the mini nitrous striker too. No axis lock, but it has the D2 blade.

Sorry for my grammar and lack of detail, busy busy busy. For what it's worth, I could have bought any BM knife for half price, and chose this one. You'll like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts