Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a beretta 21a that when shooting it the round stops at the top of the barrel instead of going inside of the barrel Ive cleaned it oiled it the mags seem to be in good working order. What could be causing this? Any Ideas?If i have put this in the wrong section Im sorry Would one of the mods please put this post in the proper section?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Is this a .22lr or aa .25acp model? I had a .22 model and spent a fortune on ammo trying to get it to work. The .25acp model is much more reliable. Maybe call Beretta and see what they say. I don't know what else to advise as I tried polishing, cleaning, oiling, and brand after brand of ammo. The .25acp ammo IS more expensive but has always worked well in my other models, 21a, 20, 950BS. Good luck and let us know if you follow up with Beretta. john

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 22 LR Ive had it for 2 years and up till this weekend never had a problem with it. It happens once ever mag. about the 2nd or 3rd bullet instead of chambering it hits the top of the barrel

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
i got two of them and both were pains untill i found what ammo they liked. one of them i have to load one round less to make it feed around the second or third round. the other i don't. they work better if the are clean and oiled. check the front of the mag to see if it is slowing down the round. take the mag apart and clean the insides. cleaning the insides of the mag help also. so try to load one less round in the mag to check and break down and clean the mag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts