Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at one in the LGS this morning, DAO model 9mm for $350, I don't know squat about this pistol, any of you own one, have you shot one? don't think I would give $350 for it but may offer $280-290 for it. maybe,

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
See my other post ..Some had issues with bad decockers firing the guns I think ..Might have been user error but they had a weird system as I recal

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
They came out about 15 years ago and discontinued not to long after. They didn't sell that well. They're OK, with some reservations

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Sounds like I would let the LGS keep that one.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Some people said they looked like a running shoe. My LGS had a couple back in the day, but I never handled one outside of a shop.

No clue on how they are.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked it over a lot closer today and decided I didn't want it enough to put up with the bear like operation of the slide or the extremely hard to break down to clean actions . told me they would take $290 and tax but in that size pistol in 9mm DAO and price point I would just buy a new SCCY .

·
Registered
131 Posts
That actually looks slightly interesting. Did you try out the trigger?

I'm guessing that 20 round mag sitting next to it does not fit into that firearm.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That actually looks slightly interesting. Did you try out the trigger?

I'm guessing that 20 round mag sitting next to it does not fit into that firearm.
I have no ideal about the mag, I pulled that picture off the net,
The trigger wasn't bad for a DAO around 8.5-9 lbs, long but smooth. I figure I could turn in decent 10 yard groups with it after a few mags to learn it's quirks but it in no way would ever be one of those that you could make nice little clover leaf designs on the target with. the pistol had 2 12 round mags and a case with it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just a little research revealed multiple stories about people cranking rounds off with the decocker so I guess I'll have to pass but it's too bad. Looks like a sleek and compact little pistol for holding 12+1. I'd never heard of it before.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a little research revealed multiple stories about people cranking rounds off with the decocker so I guess I'll have to pass but it's too bad. Looks like a sleek and compact little pistol for holding 12+1. I'd never heard of it before.
the one I looked at was a DAO model , no decocker, no safety

1 - 14 of 14 Posts