Defensive Carry banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at my LGS and they had the APX Carry, a striker-fired mechanism that caught my attention at the price of about $325. I hesitated to pick it up due to purchasing a Glock 19x and the Glock 20 last month. My everyday carry lately in my rotation has been my Glock 30S. Your thoughts concerning the Beretta APX Carry?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
i was at my LGS and they had the APX Carry, a striker-fired mechanism that caught my attention at the price of about $325. I hesitated to pick it up due to purchasing a Glock 19x and the Glock 20 last month. My everyday carry lately in my rotation has been my Glock 30S. Your thoughts concerning the Beretta APX Carry?
I’ve looked at the APX. Personally, I like Beretta firearms. That being said, I like Springfield and had the XD9, which was a great gun. The only reason I traded it was I needed a .40 cal. 👍😎

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I would just use the P290 that's in your avatar-the safer and better solution all around.

Reactions: medmunds21

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
I’ve never heard anything bad about the APX, but I don’t know anyone, personally, that owns one.

I think it was just super late to the game, and didn’t do anything classy enough to draw the non-Glock or M&P people that hadn’t already been swayed to the VP9 or P320.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I’ve never heard anything bad about the APX, but I don’t know anyone, personally, that owns one.

I think it was just super late to the game, and didn’t do anything classy enough to draw the non-Glock or M&P people that hadn’t already been swayed to the VP9 or P320.
The APX carry is a single stack version of the double stack APX. It's an upgraded Nano.

·
Registered
955 Posts
There aren't any safety concerns or issues. It's based on the Beretta Nano which has been selling for over a decade now. Like the double stack APX, it is modular serialized chassis system, so you can change the frame to several different colors. The only complaint I've heard is from trigger snobs and predominantly striker fired shooters who do not like the longer trigger pull.

Fun fact, Sig P290 and Beretta Nano were both first released in the same year (2011).

·
Premium Member
7,118 Posts
Grass always looks greener...

Reactions: APX-9M

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
They were a bit more expensive years back when they came out. But they were a commercial failure, so prices dropped. Not sure if they were known problem guns, never really caught traction in the first place for them to even be brought up in conversation.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would just use the P290 that's in your avatar-the safer and better solution all around.
My P290 is in my rotation of carry. I’ve just haven’t shot it in awhile due to limited time or basically no range time due to ammo prices.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Why not get a 43x or 48 ? Or a 43 ( which would not not be first choice )

Why switch horse in mid stream .. The 43x I would do over it due to the mags and your in fact use to how glocks carry and shoot

·
Registered
955 Posts
Why not get a 43x or 48 ? Or a 43 ( which would not not be first choice )

Why switch horse in mid stream .. The 43x I would do over it due to the mags and your in fact use to how glocks carry and shoot
My guess is that it's because his LGS does not have the G43 for $325. The G43 is $150-$200 more. He can't go wrong either way IMHO. The triggers will be different...

·
Registered
955 Posts
They were a bit more expensive years back when they came out. But they were a commercial failure, so prices dropped. Not sure if they were known problem guns, never really caught traction in the first place for them to even be brought up in conversation.
It is basically the Beretta Nano revamped. It's a single stack that is price about the same the Walther PPS M2, Shield 1.0 and 2.0, Ruger EC9 and LC9s Pro, etc. It was not a big success because it's a single stack being released durring the hybrid stack craze. The only single stacks that seem to still be a commercial success are made by Glock, and the main reason why they are still in the conversation us because of high capacity aftermarket market magazine support.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I am a Nano fan boy. I have two Nano's and a Carry. One Nano has just reached 15,000 rds, A great Striker fired DAO trigger. Extremely Mild shooter and IMO one of the most under rated firearms ever made. Robust build, with few parts, easy take down, Modular chassis, The Carry is basically the same gun but with a new grip and they added a slide stop.and new front and rear serrations. After shooting so man rounds with the Nano, I now wish all my small guns did not have the stop. The Nano and the Carry can actually be interchanged I put a New Carry grips on one of my Nano's .The Nano will be the last gun I would get rid of. It fits me perfectly and just love the way it shoots. Much smaller than it looks in Pics.If you are a DAO shooter you will love the gun.Not the most popular due to the gun culture of Striker fired short triggers and it is a single stack which I prefer. . Trigger is very similar to the Kahr. The 8 round magazine gives it a great feel and control. Easy shooting fast Action EDC.
Magazines are very high end.

Nano with my Kahr

You can see the robust build in comparison with my Ruger LC9S

Nano and my Sig 365 XL NOTE: One of the features I love with the Nano is the amount of real estate in the grip for the off hand Much smoother shooter than my 365. No where near as snappy. Much milder shooting and easier to come to target. A great DAO pistol.

Just a terrific shooter as seen with Hickcock45 -

1 - 14 of 14 Posts