Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there I currently have a Beretta nano that I like but am haveing issues with. that being said I threw it up on armslist and a guy wants to trade for a LNIB ruger src9c. so whats your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I would prob do it. I have a ruger SR40C that I love. It carrys well, hides easily and mag capacity is a good compromise. If your not feeling the nano what can it hurt. On the other hand have you allowed beretta to attempt to fix the problem?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah ive already sent it to Beretta once and the polished the feed ramp and chamber, and replaced the extrator, took it to the range and it was still having issues, and im not shooting it all the great so im thinking a little bit bigger of a gun would help with that , cause its about the sive of a g26 and I shoot those just fine.
and cheesewize it was/ is still having problems with FTEs AND FTFs. I mean I still really like the gun I just wish it was more reliable.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I cc the the Ruger SR9C Not taking anything away from the Beretta nano.
The SR9C gives you options 10 or 17 rounds it is a smooth shooting platform The trigger is out standing for a CC weapon.
The MAG safety is one of those things many old school don't like them some newer shooters do I have no issue with it.
It can however be removed with ease . There is a reason Ruger sells so many handguns and it aint because they are cheap they make a fine weapon.

·
Registered
608 Posts
yeah ive already sent it to Beretta once and the polished the feed ramp and chamber, and replaced the extrator, took it to the range and it was still having issues, and im not shooting it all the great so im thinking a little bit bigger of a gun would help with that , cause its about the sive of a g26 and I shoot those just fine. and cheesewize it was/ is still having problems with FTEs AND FTFs. I mean I still really like the gun I just wish it was more reliable.
By chance, are you shooting 115gr ammo in it? I believe you need the recommended 124gr or higher for reliability. If that doesn't cure the problem, then heck yeah I'd trade it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well I don't blame you that's for sure . I shoot better with a full size also. The Nano is a size thing . I guess I'm lucky with mine,absolutely no issues at all . I've tried every type of ammo just about for a 9mm and it just cycles thru all of it .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By chance, are you shooting 115gr ammo in it? I believe you need the recommended 124gr or higher for reliability. If that doesn't cure the problem, then heck yeah I'd trade it.
man I have fed it everything under the sun. the first 150 rounds 115g barely any problems . butnit just kept getting worse with everything I put down the barrel. I reload and i only reload 124g in 9mm and it was jamming every other round. I will say it had no problems with 147g. but IMO with the way things are I need a solid gun that can shoot what I have or can find! and as much as I hate to say it this gun is not that. I really like it and wish I got a good one ... but I didn't so it looks like its getting the boot.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
What other handguns do you have? Have you shot a semi auto much? Hard to offer suggestions without knowing that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You won't regret getting a Ruger SR9c. I have over 1,500rds through my SR9c, mostly a wide variety of my reloads and no failures.
It's a great piece.

Get that mag disconnect crap out of the gun though. The disconnect is removed very easily and quickly. I promise.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Get rid of the gun...do the trade. You already are dissatisfied with the Nano while agonize?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I currently own a trouble free Nano and previously owned an SR9-C. Love the Nano but the SR9-c is pretty darn amazing. Best trigger I have ever pulled. Only reason I don't have it anymore is because I wanted to go smaller. If the Nano is giving you problems, grab the Ruger. It's a great great gun.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have 1,100 rounds through my SR9c without a single issue. I've fed it everything from Speer G.D's to Wolf steel cased russian surplus. It eats, and reliably spits out, literally everything I've put through it. It fits my hand perfectly with the 10 round mag (w/ the pinky extension.) The trigger is crisp, with a beautiful reset for follow up shots (although I did replace the guide rod and 14 lb spring with a Galloway SS guide rod and 18lb spring. Makes a difference in felt recoil and muzzle flip.) On top of all that, the pistol disappears when holstered in my Theis IWB Hybrid.

I say go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :D

Respectfully,
Sam

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Get the Ruger. It's always better to get a sub compact or compact version of a proven full size. Better trigger, better reliability, better everything compared to a dedicated mouse gun. The only downsides of Rugers are their insane amount of safeties.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
If you trade it you should be honest and tell the guy yours doesn't work right. I'm continually baffled when I read these threads where guys have a gun that isn't working right and they simply dump them on another unsuspecting dupe without ever giving the factory a chance to look at the thing. So your problem becomes someone else's problem, and they will never know if that particular model is bad or you just broke it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
awesome guys thanks for the advice! im selling the nano tomorrow and getting the ruger. im feeling vary good about this and hope I dont have any issues withit. but for good measure the first thing im gonna do is polish the feed ramp and hope for the best. but believe me if I have problems with this gun, im gonna be a revolver only guy!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
well 9mmjoy

I don't want to bust your bubble but two things.

1) you said you were selling your nano but that someone wants to trade you for a Ruger SR9c < not an src9c >? Are you explaining to them that & what issues you are having with it?

2) how do you know they are not having issues with their SR9c? or did you ask? or is this ah "don't tell don't ask" situation?

OK two more; always two more

3) you said you shoot well with & like the g26 which you pointed out is close in size to the SR9c; so why not get one of those?

4) this is ah prime example WHY I prefer to buy NIB firearms because I haven't ah clue as too whether or not the previous owner had any issues with them or not?

OK one more . . . .

so this one more does have ah couple parts too it
5) your tag is 9mmjoy; does that mean you already have ah 9mm or two? if so what do you have now that you will be keeping since you bought ah nano & you now seem interested in getting rid of the nano for ah SR9c? do you have ah missing 9mm-link in your safe? or are you in-need of an intermediate 9mm go-between?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1: that trade fell threw. and yes the guy I am selling it to knows and isnt worried about it.
2:im buying a NIB one so I hope there isnt any problems.
3: the ruger is a little cheaper and I have kids and am on a pretty tight budget.
4: read answer#2
5:well to tell the truth I have had a few 9mm but all I have now is a 9mm carbine and the soon to be sr9c. and I just like the 9mm round.

but on a side note the nano was just TO small for me , ill be able to shoot the ruger better. I will say that I loved the nanonfor what its worth. it just wasn't for me.

any more questions zamboni? hahaha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.