Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Gargoyle - thanks for the posting!
As it just happens, a local range nearby is hosting the event!
I'm a Beretta, diehard - gonna have to make it over there the 15th!

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
maclean3 said:
No particpating ranges in TN at all, much less the ones I normally shoot at.
Jack
Hey, Jack, why don't you plan to come to the one in Birmingham? My wife and I are planning to drive up from Marion for the event. Maybe we could meet and get to know each other. I particularly want to fire the Cx4.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I'll ask the boss when she gets home tonight, not sure how well that'll go over though. I'm interested in the CX4 too, looks like it'd be handy to have around.
Jack

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
maclean3 said:
I'll ask the boss when she gets home tonight, not sure how well that'll go over though. I'm interested in the CX4 too, looks like it'd be handy to have around.
Jack
My wife will be with me. Her brother who lives in Birmingham may come too. I'm sure some of the other Alabama members will come, especially those who live in the Birmingham area.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dr_cmg said:
I particularly want to fire the Cx4.
Be careful what you wish for, if you shoot one you may just end up walking out with one. I had the chance to shoot a CX4 a couple months ago and now I must have one.

They are now available that take PX4 magazines too, which would just be too perfect to keep my PX4 company.....:hand10:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Depends on the caliber 9mm 589.95 and up at the gun shop I go to. I have a PX4 I love the gun but have trouble loading the 17 round mag . It shoots well but might have a feeding issue also any suggestion? merlin45kout.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
merlin45k said:
Depends on the caliber 9mm 589.95 and up at the gun shop I go to. I have a PX4 I love the gun but have trouble loading the 17 round mag . It shoots well but might have a feeding issue also any suggestion? merlin45kout.
The 17 round mags are a royal pain to load to capacity at first. I loaded all of mine with 17 rounds (using an HKS mag loader intended for the 92) and let them sit for 2 weeks. It did help, but getting the last 2 rounds in is still a bit tough.

What sort of feeding issue are you having?

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
AirForceShooter said:
Only one in the Gunshine State?
You're kidding me.

AFS
...which is why I won't be participating....I don't feel like doing the drive....I know, it's sad for me to say that considering I love Berettas.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I could go for one in .45 ACP too, sort of defeats the purpose of pistol and carbine in the same caliber though.
Jack

·
Registered
139 Posts
Garg.1st few shots acted like it did'nt want to fire .Slow reaction when pulling trigger thought it was because of the mag.I also use HKS loader .My 92fs mags load alot easier these are all 15 round mags .merlin45kout

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really? Didn't realize they had made 15's. Thought 10, 17, and 20 were the only PX4 sizes. You are absolutly right about 92 mags being easier to load though. No comparison!

Lube your knob! Total wild arsed guess here, but make sure the lug and groove are well lubed. There were many issues with the Cougar's rotating barrel system which came back to that lug not being lubed enough. Some resorted to using grease on it instead of oil. I'm currently running mine with FP-10.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts