Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out and shot my new Beretta PX4 Storm and must say i am not 100 percent happy with it . It misfired approx. six times with a 150 rounds fired . Not sure if it was me or the weapon . :frown:

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Went out and shot my new Beretta PX4 Storm and must say i am not 100 percent happy with it . It misfired approx. six times with a 150 rounds fired . Not sure if it was me or the weapon . :frown:
Opposite experience here. I've had my full size 9mm PX4 Storm a little over a year and have yet to experience a failure. It's had a steady diet of Speer Lawman and Federal American Eagle in both 124 and 147 grain. I think the Berettas do well with a bit of lubrication. Mine has been dead nuts reliable.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to feed some rounds in it to get it broken in . Mine seemed to double feed . It does handle and feel good in my hands .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took new PX4 Storm (40 cal) out for the first time last week. I waited two months for it to come in and had been looking forward to it's arrival. Well! Right off the bat "Both mag followers broke!!" No big deal, right? Called Beretta and of course they are backordered until God knows when. Not a good first impression. Other than that I have to say the weapon worked flawlessly. Felt natural in my hand and comfortable to shoot. I was on target and I'm happy except for the cheap mag follower design. I can see the follower will be a problem in my future! If I keep it that is!

For EDC I still carry my trusty Glock!!!

have fun & stay safe!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my PX4, I have been very accurate with it and have not had any issues yet. i have put over 800 rounds through it.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I have one and love it, I think that all you need to do is break it in, I am sure that all it need is a couple hundred rounds down range and it will be fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My friend has one in 9mm great gun so far and very accurate. I just don't like the feel of its polymer compared to other polymer guns.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Little pistols. I tell ya. Not worth the ammo or time. I've ditched four of them already, either for bad accuracy (LC9 and that gawd awful trigger) or just sheer lack of dependability (XDS, Millenium Pro and Shield). Only my LCP survived the cut. I think I'm lucky I got a good copy of one.

The closest I'll go to a small gun in the future is a Glock 36... if I'm desperate for a single stack pistol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i got the PX4 Subcompact a month or so ago. First two times I took it out I shot 300 rounds without ANY failures. Then I cleaned it. The next 100 rounds had about a 10% FTF. Didn't make sense. Cleaned it again and paid special attention to the feed ramp and then shot it again.....50 rounds with no failure. I do think the ramp needs the extra attention and that was the answer for me.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I took new PX4 Storm (40 cal) out for the first time last week. I waited two months for it to come in and had been looking forward to it's arrival. Well! Right off the bat "Both mag followers broke!!" No big deal, right? Called Beretta and of course they are backordered until God knows when. Not a good first impression. Other than that I have to say the weapon worked flawlessly. Felt natural in my hand and comfortable to shoot. I was on target and I'm happy except for the cheap mag follower design. I can see the follower will be a problem in my future! If I keep it that is!

For EDC I still carry my trusty Glock!!!

have fun & stay safe!
get some mec-gar mags, they work great at half the cost. midwayusa carries them

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My instructor looked the gun over and lubed it well . I went to the range with it to qualify and it work very well . I really think because it needed a little lube , the first time i took it out of the box i did not clean or lube it.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I always breakdown a new gun, clean and lube before shooting it. I know it's good to go, it helps me familiarize with the gun if I have any problems and need to break it down at the range, etc. as well.

Watch out for limp wristing .

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do you mean dud round misfires or pistol malfunctions?

You may want to check the ammo if you are using dud rounds. The Tulammo is notorious for the occasional dud.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've got about 500 rounds through mine with no failures. Ammo tried so far: Lawman 115FMJ, S&B115FMJ, Herter's (rebadged S&B for Cabelas) 115FMJ and Hornady Critical Defense 115JHP. No malfunctions at all.

·
Registered
124 Posts
no experience personally but my uncle carries his subcompact daily and loves it to death and has had no problems at all with it.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you mean dud round misfires or pistol malfunctions?

You may want to check the ammo if you are using dud rounds. The Tulammo is notorious for the occasional dud.
The rounds that misfired or jammed were American Eagle 124 Gr. The primers were struck and the chamber double stacked on me . It had my clip jammed as well , it took a little extra force to get the clip out. I really do believe now it was not lubed good enough.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Little pistols. I tell ya. Not worth the ammo or time. I've ditched four of them already, either for bad accuracy (LC9 and that gawd awful trigger) or just sheer lack of dependability (XDS, Millenium Pro and Shield). Only my LCP survived the cut. I think I'm lucky I got a good copy of one.

The closest I'll go to a small gun in the future is a Glock 36... if I'm desperate for a single stack pistol.
PX4 is NOT a little pistol. I have about 700 rounds through mine and haven't had a mis-feed, mis-fire, or FTE yet.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i have almost 500 rounds through my px4 subcompact 9mm with no failures. i have noticed it is prone to fouling on the feed ramp so i give it some extra attention when i clean it. the thing i love about it is that is basically a full sized pistol with the barrel and grip shortened, so it fills the hand nicely and fires like a big gun. I've tried probably ten different types of ammo, all 115g, no problems. i have taken to heart the comments i read about this gun liking lubrication, so i keep it oiled up good. It's my EDC and i'm very satisfied.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had mine (PX4 full size 9mm) for several months now. Put about 1500 rounds through it. Never one problem. As stated above, the PX4 likes to run a bit wet. Keep it lubed and keep that feed ramp clean and you should have no more issues. I love mine. Great shooter and a reliable pistol. Once my CHL comes through, it'll be my EDC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts