Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well of 2 guns ive ever had any problems with the xd and now the Beretta

Last time up north i went bird hunting we didnt hunt much rained hard so we went out in the mist one day and did a little ..

I have hunted in lot worse with 870 wingmaster and no rust problems

So after the hunting i took shotgun in cabin wiped it down with rag then heavyly with silicon clotch heated gun up by fire anther wipe with silicon clotch then a heavy oiling..

Got home another heavy oiling fast foward week and a half .. toady doing some stuff in gun safe pull out beretta and bam rust surface but still i o have a goldenrod in the safe check other guns nope nothing as i thought

The finish is kind of a parkarized finish just not super heavy..

Anyideals on this one or am i gonna have to buff it and oil it and them wax it everytime i plan to use it ?

Any other ideas?

the buff grease heat slide and let grease soak in then oil and wax fixed the xd's problem..

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its pretty nice might have to like about sending the barrel off i suppose ..

Also forgot to say its only the barrel not a mark on the reciever but finsh looks lot different on reciever

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
My browning shotgun really rusts up fast too. I keep lots of Break free on the metal parts and wipe it down atleast once during a weekend to keep the rust off during duck season.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bud - does sound like a poor finish re corrosion.

Try perhaps some ''Boeshield" - spray on stuff that has an effect like car wax - strikes me as well useful for excursions into damp, wet, humid etc.

My 870 tho I must admit seems very tolerant. Wonder if this is typical of Beretta shotties.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what im wondering Chris ive had my wingmaster almost 20 years and hunted in the pouring rain/sleet/snow many times and no rust on it but it has a true blueing

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I wonder if some inquiries on that could yield info. Just to determine what the finish is meant to be.

My 870 is not blued in fact - it's the 870 Magnum, short barrel and has a sorta matt finish - looks almost Park'ed. But it does not rust easily thus far.

Your post shoot applications should have avoided what you saw later - as long as fully dry. Only thing I think sometimes is - oiling or even Si cloth could just sometimes trap moisture under the film. Still not good tho.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i thought about the trapping mostiuse but i always warm guns up by fire place before i oil well i think the silicone cloth should basically remove the moisture anyways

Also my stuff is 50/50 blued stainless no other firearm do i have problems with but xd none of my blued rifles have the problem and they have been in a lot of rain and snow many many time with only a heat up and wipe down for the night

1 - 8 of 8 Posts